Chapter 15

After eating her meals, she relaxed for a bit then started a series of exercise and practice her martial arts.

   She also cultivated her mental power and when she's done she washed up and flashed out of space.  She checked the time and its past 2 in the morning,  she'll have to leave early today to go to the black market.

  But its still too early at 2 in the morning,  so she went back to space to sleep so she can rest more.

  By the time she came back out it's already 4 in the morning. She quickly cleaned herself up, eat some fried dough sticks and soy milk for breakfast and brush her teeth.  She quickly adjusted the time in her wristwatch, its such a hassle wearing this and adjust time.

     She quickly went out of the building, find an alley, go to space and put on old patched clothes, then covered her head with cloth, she set off with her empty basket but still covered it with cloth.

   After walking for awhile, she noticed people coming in and out of a certain alley. She quickly made her way in there and observed.

  There are quite some people talking,  in two's or threes, and there are some people with basket squatting on the side. There are also people looking worried and anxious looking around.

   I approached one of them and asked if he needs anything.

   "Comrade,  my wife just gave birth but there was not enough milk. I'm trying to see if I can get meat, eggs and some fine grains." Lin Aiguo said.

  " I have them here, how much do you want?" Shen Yuying inquired.

  " Do you really have them? I want it all" Lin Aiguo said excitedly but still in disbelief.

  " Then let's go to another alley to exchange. "

   While walking  to an empty alley, I slowly added things in the basket. Im not afraid that this guy would trick me. I'm quite strong after all, if he does something I will hit his neck and run away.  Shen Yuying thought her plan was good.

   After leading him to an empty alley, I showed him the things inside the basket.

"10 catties flour, 10 catties rice, 30 eggs, 2 pig trotter, 2 catties streaky pork, 2 catties sugar, 2 catties oil and theres also milk powder. How much do you want?" She asked.

  " This comrade, I want them all, how much do you sell them?" Asking for the price happily.

   "The rice and flour are 1 yuan a catty, eggs 6 cents a piece, 1 yuan each trotters, streaky pork is 1 yuan 50 cents a catty, sugar 2 yuan a catty, oil is 5 yuan a catty, if you have a ticket it'll be 4 yuan a catty.  If you have other tickets i will deduct 10 cents for each ticket,  no matter what kind of ticket.

    Lin Aiguo has been walking around anxiously in the black market, he came here early everyday trying his luck. The materials are really scarce, even if you have money  or ticket you wont necessarily be able to buy things back.

   At first, I was skeptical if this Comrade can really take out such rare materials as she said. But nevertheless he had to try his luck. Now looking at these things in front of me, I can't  help but feel amaze. I should grab everything.

   " Just calculate everything comrade, here are all my tickets." Handing over a stack of tickets from his pocket. He was so happy,  not only he was able to buy back things, they are actually a lot cheaper than the usual price in the black market.

   "Comrade the amount is originally 43.80, and now its 36.10 after deducting the tickets. Comrade just give me 36 yuan."

     " Thank you so much comrade" Lin Aiguo hurriedly give in the money, took the things and run away fearing this comrade will change his mind. The comrade sold her things cheap, he got a good bargain.

   Shen Yuying also thought that her price was indeed low, but its already many times more expensive than the price in the supply and marketing cooperatives. 

  The reason why the price gets too expensive is because it'll change hands a couple of times before its sold to the consumer. 

   But these are her own, and she got plenty of them, its enough to raise the price and not make them too high for ordinary people to buy.

    After the transaction,  Shen Yuying changed her clothes and face cover, and went in again. She did it a few more times and tried to sell a larger amount of items than the last transaction.

     After awhile she left before others notice her.  She went to the empty alley, changed her clothes, took out some daily items, dried goods and grains and put them into the basket, cover it with a cloth  and hurried home.

   She walked home like usual, greeting a few neighbors. It would look like she went out early to shop.

    She went inside the house, counted the money, she earned 354 yuan, and there are a lot of tickets. She kept them in a box and put it in space.

   Looking at the 2 big sacks on the side, she remembered she had to take them to the post office today. It will take a week for it to reach the countryside at most, so she needs to send them now.

   She went downstairs to call a rickshaw driver, taking him upstairs to make him help carry the big sack. He went back and forth 2 times because its quite heavy.

  When the neighbors who were lounging at the corridor saw her, they were curious. 

"Xiaoshen, what are you doing, carrying many things?" An Aunt asked

  These neighbors have nothing to do, on their free time they like to stay in groups and gossip about people's lives.

   Its also the reason why you have to be seen, when you're moving things out of the house, or they will wonder where those things gone when you finally left for the countryside.

  These people are as good as the modern CCTV cameras on the streets. Sometimes they're even better.

   They're so good at being detectives, checking what everyone has, and watching whatever you're doing.

    "Aunt, I will go to the countryside to be an Educated youth, I will have to leave next week and I can't carry many things on the train,  so I will send them first." Explained Shen Yuying.

   The residents here are very familiar with the Educated Youth being sent down to the remote countryside, in fact alot of family here will be sending their own family.

  Some are looking at her things with jealousy and couldn't help making remarks. Especially Aunt Wu,

"Xiaoshen you will go to the countryside and you'll bring alot of good things unlike my family Wenjun, we could only send a few clothes and few foods. You won't suffer there for sure, you'll live a good life with all these things."

Because of this remark, the others eyes  are looking at her unkindly, like shes being a wasteful.

  But Shen Yuying just smiled wryly at them and said "Aunts you also know that I am an orphan, and I will move out of the house, I have to take all my parents things."

   Some Aunts look at her with pity, and said " You child, why didn't you call Auntie, The Aunts can help you pack and carry these things."

  It's ok Aunt, there's not much things at home. Just some old clothes and quilt, some coarse grains will also be sent, there is nothing good at home. There is no need to help. Thank you Aunts."

   If i didn't know better, they would like to take advantage of such a young orphan girl. Others would just like to check what's inside your house, and how many things you own. Its better to stay away Shen Yuying thought.

"Then Aunts I will go now, the driver is waiting  downstairs." She didn't wait for their answers and just turn around and ran away.