Chapter 29

The few children ran to look for their fathers to brag about the candies they've got.

Lu Jianguo and Lu Aiguo are currently busy taking out foods from the cellar.

"Shen Zhiqing, milk candies are quite precious, don't just give it away. You have to keep it for yourself."

Although Li Guilan was happy that Shen Yuying seems generous,  she still feels distressed about the milk candy. Each of her grandchildren got one.

"I don't have much left Auntie,  I only have few pieces. But it's my first time meeting the children, and their fathers helped me carry so many things. I feel so embarrassed, so don't mind the milk candy Aunt Lu."

Shen Yuying had always have good feelings towards children.

She couldn't help it, she really likes children. Whenever she sees children around, she always think about her Baobao.

She had wished that during those times that Baobao reincarnated, he was able to meet with warm hearted people.

She wished he was able to live well and was loved in whichever world he came to.

So whenever she can, she wants to be nice to every children she meet. As long as they are likable and good hearted that is.

Hearing her response Li Guilan just sigh.

"Alright,  but don't get to used to those children"

Shen Yuying answered with a grin "Yes Auntie!"

She had good feelings towards the village Captain's family.

Although part of the reason why she was treated well is because of her Uncle Zhao who worked at the Public Security Bureau in the county. She could feel that their feelings are true and they didn't want to take advantage of her.

It's still early to be sure, but for now she'll just follow her instincts.

She turned to look at the other educated youths and asked.

"Are you done picking baskets?"

Gu Kai didn't pick much, just a bamboo hat and a back basket while Wang Meiyun and Wang Xiayun picked almost the same as hers.

She looked at Gu Kai with questioning eyes.

Gu Kai immediately understood what was she trying to ask and explained.

"We actually have relatives here. They're probably still in the fields right now, so we are waiting for them to see us. Until then, I don't know what I I'll need so I'll just have these for now"

Their family was met with setbacks so their parents decided to send them all here.

Rather than blindly follow the instructions, their parents used their last connections with some powerful people to send all three of them here.

Lushan village was his father's hometown. Although he had not come here to visit, he heard about this place from his father countless times.

Although they were saddened by the sudden news of being separated by their parents, he thought it was atleast good that they could live with his father's relatives.

He and his siblings are doing much better compared with the other educated youth.

Shen Yuying and the others were taken aback by what he said. And can't help but say.

"You, do you have a relative here? We didn't hear about it."

Gu Kai cleared his throat and answered.