Meet the family | 011

Priah's POV

My eyes fluttered open to see me and Billie fell asleep on the couch. She was laying in my arms and I swore I could feel my heart skip a beat. I gently rub the side of her cheek with my thumb to slowly wake her up.

"B, wake up. We fell asleep on the couch." I laugh softly and her eyes open and she gives me a sleepy smile.

"Mm, hi." She says as she stretches out in my arms and I smile. "What time is it?" She asks as she sits up and rubs her eyes.

"Uhh.." I grab my phone to check the time. "It's 10:28." I tell her and she nods.

My phone starts to buzz and I look at it once more to see the name 'Mom' on it. Me and my mom are somewhat close, we never really had a bond like my dad and I did, though. She's.. a bit of a train wreck but, I still love her.

"Sorry, one sec." I tell Billie and I press answer before putting the phone up to my ear.

"Hi, Mom." I say to her.

"Hey, honey. How's it going?" She asks and I can tell by her voice she's happy today. I love seeing my mom happy after losing dad.

"Really good, actually. How about you?" I say as I watch Billie get up and go to the kitchen and she pulls out some food to make.

"It's good. Honey, I'm so sorry, but I have a favor to ask of you." She says and I furrow my brows.

"Yeah, sure. What is it?" I ask.

"Could you watch Liam for me today? I... I have a date." She says in a nervous tone.

"A date? That's great, mom. And of course I'll watch Liam. I miss him." I tell her. Liam is my younger brother. He's 8 and he was only 3 when my dad passed away. I feel bad he never really got to have a ton of time with him growing up, but my mom has tried her best for us.

"Thank you so so much, sweetheart. I really appreciate it. Could you come over in like an hour and a half?" She asks.

"Mhm!"

"Great, thank you." She says.

"Oh, and Mom? Um, could my.. girlfriend come?" I don't know exactly what me and Bil are right now, but it's easier than saying "Celebrity I've had a crush on for years that I just so happened to meet and become friends with and now we both have feelings for each other."

"Oh, really, hun? Who's the lucky girl?" She asks.

"Um, it's a long story.. you'll see when I get there." I tell her and she hums in response.

"Alright, well I can't wait to meet her. I'll see you soon. I love you." She says and I say "I love you, too." in return before hanging up the phone.

I put my phone back down on the coffee table and walk over to see Billie made us both avocado toast.

"Girlfriend, huh?" She smirks with a laugh.

"Oh, uh.. sorry about that. I just didn't know what to tell her." I shrug awkwardly.

"Relax, Pri. I'm just playing with you." She chuckles as she hands me a plate.

"Thank you for making food by the way." I smile and she returns one.

"So, are you good with coming over to her house with me? I have to babysit for her." I tell her and she tilts her head.

"Babysit? You got a little brother or something? I heard you say the name 'Liam' I think." She asks and I nod.

"Yeah. He's a good kid. You'll love him." I grin.

"Well, I can't wait to meet them both." She tells me with a smile.