The first day | 019

Priah's POV

I got walked in by a nurse and got shown my room. The air in here feels still and time feels slow.

There's not a big amount of people here which I like. I didn't really want to be here for weeks with tons of strangers. The good part about this place is that it feels really.. free? Like I can do a lot here even though I'm here to get help.

I walked into the main area and sat down on a couch when a girl with a curly afro that's colored pink sits down next to me.

"Hey, you new?" The girl asks me. She looks around my age and she seems nice.

"Yeah, I just got here." I nod. "Is this place always so quiet?" I laugh and she smiles.

"A lot of patients just got discharged yesterday, actually, so it's been quieter than usual. It's my 6th day here. I'm CJ." She holds out her hand and I shake it.

"Is that a nickname for something? Like two names?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Nah, my parents are just stupid." She giggles. "They named me literally two letters because they thought it was cool, but in their defense, they were teen parents." She shrugs. "A lot of people call me Cece or Jay, I don't mind either." CJ tells me.

"That's cool. I'm Priah." I smile at her.

"Nice to meet you, Priah. So, what are you here for? If you don't mind me asking, of course." She slouches down on the couch and looks up at me.

"My dad and I got into a car crash when I was 16 and he passed away and I used drugs as a coping mechanism, but I relapsed from being clean and I literally totaled my car." I laugh and her eyes just widen.

"Dude, I'm sorry. That sounds really hard. I'm glad you're getting help. I'm here to get clean for my daughter." CJ tells me.

"You have a kid?" I ask.

"Mhm! Her name is Jayla, she's 5." She says. "I'm only 22, I had her when I was 17. My parents have helped me a lot, thankfully, but my habits got out of control and I want to be a better mom for Jayla, so I'm here to do that." She smiles.

"That's really good, I'm proud of you." I tell her and she thanks me. "I'm mainly here for my girlfriend. I didn't want her to see me like this, but she's been helping me every step of the way."

"Aw, that's so sweet." She puts her hand over her heart and smiles.

I nod and laugh. "She's great. I love her a lot. So, anything I should know while I'm here?" I ask.

"Uh, well, number one, do NOT talk to Sabrina, she's over there." CJ points to a girl listening to music in the corner across the room. "She literally hates everyone and everything, so don't talk to her. Number two, don't drink from the water fountain. I learned that the hard way. And three, they'll give you anything you need here if you get on the nurses' good side." She tells me.

"Got it, no Sabrina, no water fountain, and friends with the nurses." I laugh and she nods.

"I think we're gonna be good friends, Priah. You seem chill." She says.

"So do you. I love your hair by the way, it's awesome." I say, looking at her colorful locs.

"Thank you! It took forever to get the color to actually stay in." She sighs and chuckles.

"I literally love colored hair for some reason." I shrug. "My girlfriend has the roots of her hair dyed bright red and I love it. I actually went to cosmetology school, so I love doing hair whenever I can." I tell her.

"That's so cool. You got a salon?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Ugh, I wish. I'm too broke for that shit." I laugh. "Maybe someday, though."

She nods and smiles. "Now that you told me your girlfriend has red roots, I'm gonna keep thinking she's Billie Eilish." She laughs. "She's the only person I know with red roots."

"Oh.. uh, yeah. I love her music, but she's not my girlfriend." I say with a laugh.

Yeah fucking right.

"Ooh, you're a Billie fan?" CJ asks, sitting up from laying down on the couch.

"Since I was 15." I nod.

"I found her music when I was 18, I think. Lost Cause is literally one of my favorite songs ever." She says.

"Every single song on Happier Than Ever is so fucking good. I love Getting Older and Halley's Comet!" I say and she gasps.

"No way, I love those ones too!" She tells me and I laugh at her excitement.

I wish I could tell her the truth, but Billie and I haven't publicly announced our relationship yet, so I don't know if she wants me saying anything. I can ask her tomorrow when she visits, though.

I can't have my phone in rehab for some reason which low-key sucks because I can't even text Bil or Val or anything. I already miss her and I've only been here for a little bit over an hour.

Me and CJ spent the rest of the day together talking and hanging out and I got to know her a lot more. She's really funny and sweet, so I'm glad I have a friend while I'm in here so it's not as miserable.

She's not Billie, though.

holly speaks 🤍
here's a face claim for CJ!

(i'm not sure what the the girls name is sorryyy) as CJ Webster

she's gonna become one of priahs good friends! (no one is ever gonna replace the one and only valentina tho 💪🏼)

anyways that's it for the chapter i love youuuu 🫶🏻