Nightmare | 031

Billie's POV

I wake up to Priah shaking and stirring in her sleep again.

It's the third time this week and I'm getting really worried about her.

"Wake up, my love," I shake her gently and she wakes up. I open my arms and she falls into them. "Shh, it's okay, baby. It was just a nightmare." I whisper to her.

"I'm sorry, Bil. You shouldn't have to deal with this." She shakes her head.

Why does she always dismiss her feelings just because she feels bad that she wakes me up in the middle of the night because of a nightmare.

I literally don't care about her waking me up, I just care about her. All I want is for her to be okay.

"Priah, stop saying you're sorry. I care about you, baby, and I'll always help you, okay?" I tell her and she nods, pulling away from my arms.

"Hey, I love you." I cup her face in my hands and kiss her forehead. "I love you, too, sweetheart." She smiles at me.

Sweetheart. That's new, but it's cute.

"Try and get some sleep, alright? I'm not going anywhere." I say. I wrap my arms around her and pull her close to me. I bury my face in her hair and kiss her head.

I'm seriously so worried about her. She's been through so much and I'd do anything to help her.

~

I wake up with Priah still in my arms. I honestly held her really fucking tight last night because I didn't want anything bad to happen to her. I know that's unrealistic, but I just don't want her having any more nightmares.

I wish I could take away all of her pain. I can't even imagine what it's like to have it played on repeat every night of the night your own dad died.

My poor girl.

"Billie?" Priah mumbles sleepily. "Yeah, baby?" I ask. "Oh, I just wanted to make sure you were still here." She says. "Do you not feel me practically squeezing you to death?" I chuckle. "No, I'm sleepy." She groans, rolling over to face me. "Go back to sleep then, mama. I'll be right here when you wake up." I say as I play with her hair.

"I wanna wake up, but just lay here. Will you just hold me?" She asks and I nod.

"Pri, can I talk to you?" She looks up at me with a concerned expression. "Is something wrong?" She furrows her brows. "No, baby, nothing's wrong." I shake my head. "Okay.. then what's up?" She asks.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but have you thought about going to therapy?" I ask her. "Therapy?" She says. "Yeah, I think it could help you. You've been through so much and I think it would be good to talk about it." I suggest to her.

She does her cute thinking face for a minute where she looks up and bites her lip. It's another thing I've noticed about her and it's adorable.

"I guess that could be good." She shrugs. I smile and kiss her temple. "I love you, P." I say. "I love you, B." She smiles at me before burying her face into my neck, moving closer to me.

"Want me to help you look for a therapist sometime tomorrow, baby?" I ask and Priah nods. "That would be great, thank you." She says to me.

A comfortable silence washes over us as I hold her in my arms and I plant kisses on her head every few minutes.

Since we've started living together, we spend a lot of our mornings like this and I love it.

"Bil?" Pri mumbles. "Yes, my love?" I look down at her. "Thank you.. for everything." She says.

"What do you mean?" I furrow my eyebrows. "Just.. for being here. No one else has stayed for me and loved me like you have, Billie. You've taught me what real love is like and I'm so grateful for you." Her words almost bring me to tears. She's the sweetest person ever.

Priah deserves everything in this world.

The fact that her girlfriends in the past treated someone so amazing so badly just kills me. I'm so glad that I'm the one who gets to make her happy. It's literally the best feeling ever.

"Of course, Priah. You're the most amazing person I know. I'd do anything for you, you know that, right?" I look at her with a smile. "I do." She nods.

"I love you so much." She kisses my cheek, making me smile wider. "I love you even more." I giggle.

"I'd say that's not true, but I'm not even going to bother arguing with you about it because I know you'll win." She rolls her eyes as she laughs.

"Wow, Priah Travis not putting up a fight about this for once? Crazy." I say sarcastically and she lightly punches my arm. "Don't be a dick." She says, making us both laugh. "Don't tell me what to do." I say.

"I just did."

I roll my eyes and close the gap between us by connecting our lips. It's so fucking hot when she's bossy.

We both pull away after a little bit to catch our breath. "I love you, baby." I whisper. "I love you, too." She smiles up at me. "Now, I'm going back to sleep." She announces. "I thought you said you wanted to wake up." I say to her and she glares at me. "Maybe I changed my mind, Eilish." She sticks her tongue out at me, making me laugh before she shuts her eyes.

"Sleep well, my love." I kiss her forehead and she snuggles closer to me, placing a soft kiss on my neck.

Priah isn't a fan anymore. She never really was a fan to me. She's the love of my life and I've never felt happier with someone before.

She's right, I could've just dropped her off at her house and that would've been the end of it, but there was something about her that I saw in Priah that made me want her so badly.

I don't know what it is was. She's just.. different.

holly speaks 🤍

i loveeee using the book title in the book for some reason it's just cute idk why

anyways this is kind of just a filler chapter since i'm running out of ideas 😣

okay bye love youuu