Goodbye, hospital. | 017

Priah's POV

tw: talk of abuse and sexual assault

Tomorrow , I get discharged from the hospital and go into a rehabilitation facility. It's supposed to be the best one in California and luckily, it's close.

"Buddy, you have to be careful sitting in my bed. I'm still hooked up to this thing." I tell Liam who's sitting on my lap in my hospital bed, trying to show me a drawing he made for me.

"Okay, but look what I made for you." He says to me, pulling out a piece of paper and showing it to me.

It's little stick figures he drew that's supposed to be me and him and it says "Liam + Priah forever" and on the bottom it says "Get well soon! I love you"

He's truly the cutest thing ever.

"Aw, Liam." I look at the drawing in awe. "This is so sweet, buddy. I love it. Thank you." I say before hugging him.

"You're welcome!" Liam smiles at me and climbs down off of my bed and onto on of the chairs by my bed, next to another chair which has Billie sitting in it.

They told me I'll be in rehab for 2-3 weeks depending on how I do. I really don't want to be away from Billie or my family for that long, but luckily, they can visit.

My mom walks in the room and walks over towards Liam. "Honey, let's go get some lunch to bring back, alright? That way you girls can talk for a bit." She says, looking up at me and Billie and we both nod.

"Okay, bye Piah, bye Billie!" He says, waving at us as he and my mom walk out, closing the door behind them. "Bye, bud." I say.

"How you feeling, baby?" Billie asks me.

"Still sore and my rib hurts a lot, but I'm kinda upset." I say.

"What's wrong?" She asks, putting her hand on top of mine and rubbing it with her thumb.

"I'm just gonna miss you a lot." I say quietly.

"Pri, it's only a few weeks. I'm gonna visit you as much as I can, I promise. I really need you to get help, baby. It's good for you." She tells me and I can't help but shed a few tears at her words.

No one's ever treated me as good as she has before.

"I know. I'm just mad at myself. I don't know why I would do something like this." I say, shaking my head.

Billie motions for me to scoot over in my bed and I do. She climbs in with me and I lay my head on her chest.

"Can we talk?" Billie asks and I nod.

"The night you slept over before you left in the morning, you all of a sudden started to feel off. You brought up your past relationship and you just broke down. Does that have something to do with you overdosing?" She asks me.

"I did?" I ask and she nods. "Maybe it does, I don't know. I have trauma from that relationship, so I guess I cope with it in unhealthy ways, too." I say to her.

"Can you tell me what happened in that relationship? If it's too much, you don't have to, but I wanna help you get better, Pri." She says.

"She'd constantly make me feel like shit, she'd always have to ruin things if something was going good for me, she made me feel bad about myself no matter what.. and.." My heart starts to race as I think about everything else.

"She would- she'd, um, hit me a lot if I didn't do something she wanted- literally until I had bruises all over myself- and a few times even when I told her I was tired and didn't wanna do anything, she'd touch me even though I said no."

I see anger and sadness fill Billie's eyes as I tell her about what I've gone through. "Priah, I'm so sorry. I don't think I've ever wanted to beat the shit out of someone more than right now." She says and I let out a small laugh.

"It's okay, Bil." I say.

"No, it's not. You didn't deserve any of that, baby." Billie says, kissing my forehead.

I sigh and bury my face in her neck. "I don't think I'm good for you, Billie. You deserve someone better." I tell her.

"What? Why?" She asks.

"I'm a recovering addict, I've got a lot of issues and shit and you shouldn't have to deal with that." I say, tears falling down my face as I speak.

"Priah, I think you're perfect for me. You're the most amazing person I know. Why do you doubt yourself so much, baby?" She asks.

"I guess I'm just used to feeling never enough for someone, I'm sorry." I say.

"Don't apologize, you have nothing to be sorry for. Priah, I want you, baggage and all. I don't care about any of that because it's not who you are." She tells me.

"I love you, B."

"I love you, too, Pri."

Oh yeah, by the way, ever since 3 days ago, 'I love you's' have become a regular thing.

"We're gonna get you the help you need, okay? I want you to get better, Priah. Do it for yourself." Billie runs her fingers through my hair as she speaks.

"I'm doing it for us, baby." I say.

"You're literally the strongest person I know, you can do anything." She tells me.

"I'm gonna get better."

"That's my girl." She says.

Fuck, why do I have to have a broken rib and arm when she's like this?

She smirks and I roll my eyes.

"What are you thinking about?" She asks me.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask.

"I think you know." Billie laughs.

"Nah, I don't. Wanna share?" I say sarcastically.

"All I can say is I need your bones to heal quicker." She shrugs and I hit her shoulder playfully.

"Get your head out of the gutter, Eilish." I groan.

"You're no fun." She frowns and I laugh.

"You're too cute." I say, running my finger across her jawline as I look up at her.

Her cheeks turn red and I laugh as she looks away. "Why so nervous?" I ask.

"I'm not nervous." She denies.

"Yeah, okay." I laugh and she groans.

I love this girl so much.

holly speaks 🫶🏻
new chapter yayyyy

i'll try to make another tmr we'll see tho 🤷🏼‍♀️

love youuuu