Therapy | 033

Priah's POV

I bounce my leg up and down as I sit in the waiting room. Today is my first therapy session and I'm nervous as fuck. Billie helped me find a therapist online and I was able to book an appointment.

Billie puts her hand on my knee, stopping me. "Hey, it's gonna be okay, baby. I promise you that." She gives me a small, comforting smile.

I have a hard time opening up about everything and it stresses me out, but hopefully this can be helpful somehow. I'm honestly just doing it for Billie.

"I know, I'm just nervous." I shrug. "I'm gonna be right outside if you need me, okay? I'm not going anywhere." Billie kisses my forehead.

"Thanks, Bil." I smile at her.

"I love you, P." She says.

"I love you, B."

The door opens and a women comes out. "Hi, are you Priah?" She asks and I nod. "I'm Dr. Brian, but you can call me Riley." She says with a grin.

"Nice to meet you." I stand up and kiss Billie's cheek. "I'll see you in a bit, baby." I whisper to her.

"Okay, good luck, mama." She winks and I laugh. Dr. Brian steps aside so I can walk in the room. She closes the door and I sit down on the couch in the room, her sitting across from me in a chair.

"Was that your girlfriend?" She asks.

"Yeah." I nod. "Can you tell me about her? My goal right now is to get to know you and your life." Dr. Brian explains.

"Um.. well, her name is Billie. We've been dating for over four months now and I actually moved in with her not that long ago." I tell her.

"Really? How is that going?"

"It's really good." I say.

"How did you two meet?"

"At one of her concerts. I got lost and she found me and drove me home and that's pretty much it." I laugh.

"Wait a minute, your girlfriend is.. Billie Eilish, isn't she?" Her eyebrows raise as I nod. "Wow, that's honestly awesome." She chuckles.

"Now, tell me more about yourself." She says.

"Uh, I'm 21, I'm a hairdresser.. damn, I feel like I forget everything about myself when someone asks me this." I say and she laughs.

"That's understandable. Well, as I keep seeing you, I'll get to know you better. So, most importantly, why are you here, Priah?"

I immediately freeze up and start bouncing my leg again. I fucking hate talking about this.

"You can be completely honest with me, Priah. I can tell you're nervous, but all I want to do is help you, okay?" She tells me.

"Um.. I was in a car crash with my dad 5 years ago and he.. he didn't make it." My voice cracks as I try to hold in my tears. As much as I don't want to, I always fucking cry when I talk about him.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. Losing a parent is so hard. Were you and your father close?" She asks and I nod.

"He was my best friend, to be honest, and I've coped with his loss in.. unhealthy ways."

"And what is that exactly?" She furrows her brows. "I struggle with drug use. I was actually almost a year sober, but I relapsed and got into a car accident. I went to rehab and I've been clean ever since. My girlfriend has been my number one supporter and she's literally the reason I'm still alive."

"Wow, that's a lot. I'm sorry about all of that." She gives me a sympathetic look.

I'm praying the rest of this goes by fast. It's so hard talking about all of this.

                                              ~

"It was great meeting you. I'll see you in a few weeks, alright?" Dr. Brian says to me as I walk out of the room. "Okay, thank you so much." I smile at her and she nods before shutting the door.

Billie stands up and looks at me. "Hi, my pretty girl. How'd it go?" She walks over to me and wraps her arms around my waist.

"It was alright, I guess." I shrug as I hug her. She grabs my hand and interlaces our fingers as we walk out into the parking lot. "Why just alright?" She asks.

I ended up crying which was not ideally what I wanted to do at my first session, but it was just really hard to talk about my dad.

"It's just a lot talking about him, you know?" I tell her as we get into the car. "Yeah, I get that, baby." She nods. "I'm so proud of you for doing this, though." She smiles at me.

"Thank you, Bil. That means a lot coming from you, baby." I say, smiling back at her.

"You know, I might have something that'll make you feel a lot better when we get home." She smirks as she starts driving.

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" I giggle.

"It's a surprise." She winks.

"You're not very good at keeping things subtle, are you?" I roll my eyes.

"Hey, I want some pussy, alright?" She puts a hand up in defense, holding the wheel with the other hand.

"Yeah, and I want a pony for my birthday." I say sarcastically.

"Pretty please?" She gives me a pouty face, making me laugh. "Maybe if you're lucky." I say.

"I'm Irish, so that won't be a problem." She says proudly.

"Okay, and I'm Mexican?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Ugh, I mean that I have good luck!" She explains as if it's obvious.

"Your ethnicity is not gonna determine if you fuck me or not, sorry not sorry." I roll my eyes at her.

"You're mean, baby." Billie whines with a frown.

"I know, so mean." I laugh.

"Mhm!"

"You're adorable." I giggle and lean over to kiss her cheek. "No, I'm not." She says.

"Don't lie to yourself, babe." I say and she flips me off. "Yeah, and I'm the mean one." I laugh at her.

"Yup, you are." She smiles innocently. "Definitely." I say sarcastically to her.

She's seriously the cutest person ever.

holly speaks 🤍

this chapter is boringgg

but i have no ideas as of now

but stay tuned 🙏