Part 3

Y/N's POV:

I was awoken by a loud knock at the door. "Brunch at 12, training at 1 girls", a voice from behind it shouted. I turned to check the time, it was fucking 7o'clock in the morning, why are you waking me up now I thought as I groaned and rolled over. 

"Who was it", Alex asked in a raspy voice as she was also rudely awoken. "Brunch at 12, training at 1", I repeated to her as I tried to go back to sleep. "Uhhh when is that?", she asked tiredly. "Five fucking hours away", I told her as she huffed and pulled the blanket closer. Only then did I notice I was fucking freezing. Alex got under the covers last night but I didn't join her because I didn't want to invade her space or anything.

"Y/N?", she called out quietly. "Yeah...", I waited for her to say something. "...why is your country so fucking cold", she mumbled in her half sleep, making me laugh. "You're cold?", I asked her and she nodded, "well take a look at me", I told her and she huffed as she turned over.

Her eyes widened upon noticing she had hogged the entire blanket. "Shit I'm sorry...actually that's your fault I didn't tell you to not get in", she defended. I groaned and pulled half the blanket off her and quickly got under it without letting any warmth escape. She lazily smiled at my actions.

A few minutes later she whined telling me she was still cold. "Try a hoodie instead of a tshirt next time then dumbass", I told her with my eyes still closed. She shoved me in the side making me groan. "I don't like the hood it annoys me at night", she mumbled. 

I was trying to fall asleep now that I was finally feeling warm under the covers but Alex spent the next fifteen minutes whinging about being cold. I can't fucking take it this girl is going to drive me crazy I thought to myself. I swung my arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me, and it seemed to work because there was no complaints after that. She backed into my chest further and rested her hand over mine as she let out a happy sigh and finally began drifting off back to sleep. And before I knew it I was out too.

---

I was rudely awoken by daily 10:30 alarm which I had forgotten to turn off. "Y/N turn it off how fucking long", Alex mumbled in her sleep. I finally managed to reach over and switch it off with a groan. I really was not a morning person. "If you weren't all over me I could've switched it off a lot quicker", I told her with a huff. Then we both slowly started to wake up properly and I realised how our arms and legs were entangled. 

I was lying down on my back and half of Alex's body was on top of me as her face was buried in the crook of my neck. I slowly looked around to see where my limbs were, my left arm was wrapped around Alex as my hand rested on her lower back, and my other was resting on her thigh as I noticed her leg up on my waist. Fucking hell I thought to myself. I don't think Alex had even noticed the position we were in, and if she had she didn't really seem to mind I thought, as I noticed one of her arms were around my neck, I felt her finger tips absent mindedly tracing patterns on the back of my neck, making me breathe out happily.

I opened my eyes when she stopped a couple minutes later. "You were enjoying that weren't you", she mumbled into my neck with a lazy smile. "Sod off", I told her making her laugh. "Do you mind not breathing your hot breath all into my neck Morgan?"

She slowly stirred and began to get up. "Y/N you're holding my leg in place", she huffed as she struggled. "Shit sorry". I let go and tried to roll out from underneath her. Bad idea. She lost her balance and slipped, elbowing me in the ribs. "Fuckkkk", I groaned into my pillow in pain.

"Oh my god Y/N I'm sorry", she sat up and rubbed at the aching spot on my side with a sympathetic smile. She was pretty much straddling me at this point. "Okay I'm getting off first don't move", she warned with a small grin. A small part of me missed the feeling of her body against mine as she got off me, but I pushed any such thoughts to the back of my head and sat up, rubbing my eyes awake. 

"Showers mine", was the last thing I heard from her as she quickly slipped into the bathroom. I dug around in my suit case for a uswnt training kit set. Once I finally had the bathroom was free, I glanced at Alex as I passed who was wrapped in one towel and was drying her hair with another. 

I yawned as I entered the bathroom, the only thing that would make me want to train in this cold English weather is the idea of a warm shower before and a warm bath after the sessions. I undressed quickly and stood under the shower head with a happy sigh. As soon as I turned the water on I was sprayed with freezing cold water from all directions possible. "ALEX MORGAN YOU LITTLE SHIT", I shouted and I could hear her laughing loudly as I scrambled to turn the water off. I fixed the temperature knob and finally had the warm shower I had been longing for. 

Once I was ready I headed downstairs to join the rest of my team mates. As usual I sat at Kelley's table, which this fine morning was also filled with Sam, Lindsay, Abby and Crystal. I saw between Kelley and Abby and was met with a peck on the cheek from the latter. "Morning Y/N". It was something I noticed was happening a lot more frequently these days but I wasn't going to complain. "Morning Abby", I flashed her a smile and then started to eat. 

We all finished eating, I leaned back in my chair and rested a hand on my stomach. Man I ate too much for what was meant to be a light meal before training. I groaned a little, making my team mates laugh. Abby rested her hand on my shoulder nonchalantly and began to stroke the back of my neck slowly, making my spine feel all tingly. I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds and peered around a little when I opened them. That's when I noticed Alex staring back at me with a slight frown. She looked away after a few seconds and I just brushed it off. 

---