Part 33

Y/N's POV:

Camp had finally ended, we won our final game comfortably and after Jill's concluding team meeting we were all left to leave when we pleased. I still had a few days off before I was to return to England to finish my season there. I was currently sat around a table with like half the team but my mind was busy thinking about the future. I could hear everyone talking around me but wasn't paying actual attention to what they were saying.

I continued fiddling with Alex's fingers until she turned to me with some concern in her eyes. "You're quiet, you okay?", she asked softly. "Do you want to come to San Diego with me for a couple of days before we leave for Orlando and England?", I rushed out, slightly nervously.

"Yeah I'd love that", she replied softly and then pressed a kiss to my temple before turning back to the rest of the group.

"It's so weird seeing you guys being all mushy together", Sophia laughed and everyone agreed.

"San Diego huh? You taking your girl to meet your mom Y/N/N?", Kelley asked with a smirk.

"Shut up Kelley, I mean yeah I am though, if that's okay?", I asked Alex and she nodded at me happily and then leaned her head down on my shoulder as the group of team mates continued their small talk.

"When does like the whole world find out about you two then?", Julie asked curiously.

"We're not in any rush to tell them in all fairness, I think we want some peace before the media whirl wind starts though so maybe not for a while?", I told them with a shrug and a smile, glancing at Alex to see her nodding in agreeance thankfully.

"So Y/N can we come see you play in the Champions League final?", Trinity asked.

"At least let me get there first, there's still the semi finals v Lyon to get through", I told them with a laugh.

"Yeah but you will win and get through, I bet it's going to be your team v Barcelona", Soph added, making me shrug.

"Yeah that Alexia Putellas is hot isn't she?", Megan asked me with a smirk, making me glare at her.

"Shut the fuck up", I mouthed as I gestured to Alex sitting beside me.

"I saw that Y/N", Alex quickly told me, making me freeze. "Why, do you have a little crush on her or something?", she sat up and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"No", I lied through my teeth as a few of my team mates sniggered.

"We're all coming to see you in the final Y/N", Alex told me firmly as my team mates burst into laughter. 

"Your girl has to keep an eye on you", they all joked and laughed whilst I rolled my eyes.

I felt Alex's hand squeeze mine, making me turn to look at her, "You better win", she added in a low murmur amidst the chaos of our team mates and I grinned at her with a nod.

The day had finally come. Today I was playing in the Champions League final. It was not only my last game for my WSL club but it was also likely my last game in European football, I had no plans to leave San Diego or the NWSL once I returned there. I made a post a couple of days prior to tell my fans that I was leaving my club and returning to my home country. And now as I walked out to the sound of the famous anthem I spotted multiples banners and flags with my name, number and face in the crowds, their way of saying thank you.

As the teams lined up I looked up into the stands to wave at Alex and the rest of the team, most of whom had made the journey over to come and see me play, and discreetly as I could blew a kiss to my blue eyed woman who grinned back at me.