Part 38

Y/N's POV:

"A 10k fine? Fuck that I ain't ever sneaking out", Kelley snorted after I explained the situation.

"I swear it would've been like 1k, it's all that dickhead Jackson's fault. It's whatever though, it was worth it", I shrugged with a smirk.

"You dirty dirty bastards", Kelley laughed. "So how was it?", she turned to me with a cheeky smile.

"Fuck off Kelley we're not going to sit here and talk about my sex life", I laughed. "Let's go eat I'm starving", I reluctantly pulled myself away from the couch and stood up.

"I thought Alex already fed you", she snorted before unsuccessfully dodging the pillow I threw at her head.

"You talk too much O'Hara".

"So are you nervous for the game?", she asked as we left our hotel room and made our way downstairs.

"Not really, should be an easy win right? I mean their defence is leaky as fuck and besides Alex and Marta there's not a whole lot of creation and scoring from anywhere else", I shrugged.

"True. I'm going bold, 3-1 Gotham win", she grinned.

"I'm saying...4-0", I boasted as we sat down to eat.

"Very very bold ms Y/L/N but I could see it happening tbh. 50 bucks for whoevers closer?", she smiled.

"You're on", I smirked as we shook hands.

We ate breakfast and then got onto the team bus to get to the stadium for an afternoon kick off.

We were in the away dressing room to prepare for the match, I was sliding in my shin guards when I noticed footsteps walk up to me and stop. I looked up and saw our head coach standing in front of me.

"Everything alright?", I asked, slightly confused.

"You tell me captain Y/L/N", she smiled as she handed me the arm band.

"Holy shit, really?"

"We're seeing how it goes today, you know despite the earlier incident for which you were of course disciplined", she spoke quietly with a coy smile. "Good luck yeah?", she patted me on the back before moving on to talk to another player. 

I flashed the captains armband at Kelley with a smirk and she faked a huff, "You've been here 3 fucking weeks and you get the armband", she whined as I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Come on ladies, get to the tunnel", one of the coaches instructed. Kelley helped me but on the armband and then I stood up and noticed everyone's eyes on me. I gave a quick motivational speech and led everyone out into the neon purple lit tunnel. I walked up to the front alongside Alex, the captain of her team. 

We both tried to stare forward and be serious but neither of us could help breaking into a smile as we glanced at each other. "I can't wait to beat Pride ass today", I smirked, earning a playful shove. "Cocky much?", she scoffed with a raised eyebrow. 

We walked out and soon enough the whistle was blown and the ball was kicked. Gotham was dominating in the first five minutes or so, I made my way down the flank and dribbled past players to get into the box, I was bought down and frustratedly appealed for a foul as I put my boot back on but nothing was given. "Fucking asshole", I muttered under my breath as I jogged away from the ref and back to my position in the back line.

I tried to hide my annoyance when Alex scored for Orlando from a corner. Things got worse only minutes later when she scored again. As all the player were walking back to their positions for the restart I could feel her eyes on me and knew there was definitely a slight smirk playing on her lips but I forced myself not to look. We went into half time 2-0 and I berated my team during the break to get their act together.