Part 28

Y/N's POV:

A few days before I was due to fly back to the US to join up with the national team camp Alex surprised me by flying to England. I had flown to Florida a couple of times in the 8 weeks or so we had to spend apart but this was her first time visiting me. 

"Alex?", I called out to her, we were sat on the sofa and she was scrolling through her phone whilst she had her legs on my lap. She hummed in response and I shook her feet, as I tried to get her full attention.

She finally put her phone down and faced me. "Sorry baby, what's up?", she asked me with a sweet smile. 

"I really want to take you out but our relationship is still a secret and stuff so I was thinking I could cook for you and we could have our own date...like here".

"I didn't know you could cook", she eyed me suspiciously. "I'm not going to like die of food poisoning am I?", she asked with a laugh as I playfully shoved her feet off me, making her whine.

"Ms Morgan, I'll have you know I am a fantastic cook. In fact if I wasn't an absolute baller I would probably be a chef in Paris".

"I'm sure you would", she replied sarcastically as I stood up.

 "So what do you want to eat ma'am?", I asked her with a grin.

"You", she muttered and then hid her face in a pillow when she realised I had heard what she said. I laughed uncontrollably first at her answer and then at her reaction. I leaned down and slowly pulled the pillow away from her red face as I pulled her closer and gave her a quick kiss. 

"I'm sure we could arrange such activities later, but in terms of nutrition miss Morgan, what do you feel like swallowing right now?", I asked her with a smirk.

"Something...pasta-ery". 

"And for dessert?"

"Wow I'm getting the full experience?"

"Nothing less for my girl", I told her and she blushed.

"Something light...and chocolatey".

"Good choice ma'am, an aphrodisiac and ofcourse we don't want you to feel heavy and bogged down for...later activities", I told her in a server voice as she laughed and threw a pillow at me.

"I'll get started then", I told her as I threw the pillow back at her. "Atleast I don't need to defrost chicken or anything, miss vegan until it comes to chicken nuggets", I taunted her. The blue eyed woman was quick to chase me to kitchen as I ran away.

"For the last time Y/L/N I didn't steal your chicken nugget that time it was literally Kelley", she told me from the other side of the kitchen island.

"Well you didn't believe me when I told you Kelley pinched your ass first".

"Okay fine I'll believe you if you stop calling me a fraud vegan", she laughed.

"Fine", I stuck out my hand for her to shake. "Just kidding ass pincher", she swatted my hand away and ran back to the living room. 

"Get your ass back here, fake vegan", I laughed and called after her. I finally started making dinner whilst Alex was watching TV but she soon got bored and joined me in the kitchen. 

I felt Alex wrap her arm around my waist as she pressed her face between my shoulder blades. "What are you making? It smells good", she mumbled. "Vegan spaghetti puttanesca for main and then chocolate mousse for dessert", I told her as she traced pattern under my shirt on my stomach. "Is there anything I can do?"

"Uhh yeah can you put a bottle of wine in the fridge just so its cool for later?", I told her and she nodded wordlessly as she reluctantly unwrapped her arms to do as I said. "Hey no phones you said", she told me as she returned to my side. "Two minutes baby, I'm just trying to find a vegan mousse recipe, I don't know how to make it without using eggs", I told her as I scrolled through google for suitable recipes.

I felt her arm wrap around one of mine as she placed a gentle appreciative kiss on my bicep, "thank you", she mumbled with a blush. "Of course, okay I think I've got it", I told her as I leaned down and gave her a quick kiss.

I picked Alex up and sat her down on the counter next to where I was making the dessert, lost in my own world, as she watched what I was doing with loving eyes. "Who the fuck uses coconut milk as a substitute for eggs", I muttered to myself, unsure whether the recipe would work. "Y/N?", Alex's voice interrupted my thoughts and I looked up at her expectantly. 

"Yeah?"

"...I love you".

As soon as the words left her mouth I put my whisk down without breaking eye contact with her. I stepped closer to her and put my hands on either side of her face gently, "I love you too Alex", I admitted, unable to hide my grin as she pulled me in for a passionate kiss. "You love me?", she breathed out as we rested our foreheads against each other. "More than anything", I told her truthfully, lighting up inside as she pulled me in for another kiss. 

"Okay now keep making my dessert", she giggled and pushed me away, before proceeding to touch her red hot cheeks with a shy smile. "Yes ma'am", I joked and she shoved me playfully. 

"Okay this needs to set for like 2 hours and I'll let the spaghetti soak up the soak for a while. You wanna makeout for a while?", I asked the pretty girl that was staring back at me.

She laughed and got off the counter, "you're making us sound like some young teenagers or something", she said and I agreed. "That's not a yes or no though Morgan", I teased her and she came forward and wrapped her arms around my neck. "Yes, obviously", she grinned. I picked her up and carried her back to the living room, I sat down on the sofa with her on top of me and she eagerly attached her lips to mine.

She hummed happily as she pulled away after a few minutes. "I love you Y/N", she whispered against my lips, making me smile. 

"Say it again".

"I love you Y/N", she repeated firmly as I buried my face in her neck. 

"I love you more", I told her as my lips found hers once more. Our extended make out session was eventually interrupted by Alex's rumbling stomach as we both looked at each other for a second and then burst into laughter. "Cmon then ms Morgan, it's time for you to eat I think", I told her with a smirk as she got off my lap and held onto my wrist, leading me back to the kitchen.

I popped open the wine and plated the food, and we finally got to eat. "Y/N this is so good", Alex moaned after she swallowed her first morsel.

"What's with the surprised tone missy?", I teased her.

"I mean...I didn't think you'd actually be this good at cooking baby, consider me impressed", she flashed a smile before forking down another mouthful. "Keep cooking me food this good and I'll actually let you tie me up", she teased as I choked on my wine.

"It didn't work so well last time did it?", I smiled at her, remembering the time we jokingly decided to recreate a fifty shades kind of scene on one of my visits to Orlando, except I accidentally kicked a little candle onto the bed sheets and they set fire. We were panicked in the moment but were able to laugh about it after, as we were just glad none of us had actually gotten hurt.

I finished eating and then leaned back with a happy sigh, resting my hand on my stomach. I looked at the beautiful woman sat opposite me and tried to bite back my smile as she scraped her fork across the plate to get every last bit of pasta sauce that she could. "I love you Morgan", I told her with a grin when she put her fork down and leaned back to look at me.

She blushed then mirrored my grin, "I love you too Y/L/N, now how about we clean up and take this upstairs".

"And chocolate mousse afterwards?", I asked her and she nodded with a laugh.