Part 17

Y/N's POV:

I woke up expecting to find Alex in my arms but I quickly realised I was alone. I leaned over with a groan to check the time, it was only 9am. I stayed in bed for half an hour longer, partly because I thought she might soon return from wherever she had gone. I got up with a huff as I felt my head starting to get heavy with a dull ache and got ready to go downstairs.

I walked into the cafeteria where I noticed a few of my team mates eating breakfast all of them huddled around one table, and as I walked to the other side to get a plate I spotted Alex among them. She gave me a quick glance but that was it. I didn't want to think too much of it but the stubborn side of me took over as I told myself that if she was going to be all awkward about the kiss then so would I.

I filled my plate and went to sit down at my own empty table despite a few protests from my team mates telling me to join them. I tried to start eating but didn't have much of an appetite and ended up with my head in my hands, my fingertips pressing at my temples as I tried to get the dull pain in either side of my skull to stop. Eventually I looked up and found Alex's blue eyes on me, full of concern. I rolled my eyes and got up to go empty my plate before going outside for some fresh air.

I was walking on the pitch, finally not needing to depend on my crutches at all. I heard feet chasing me down and expected it to be either Kelley or Alex but to my surprise it was Abby. 

"Hey, you okay?", she asked me a little breathlessly as she brushed her blonde hair away from her face. "I just noticed you were in some...agony at breakfast".

"Yeah I'm okay, just a headache", I told her with a forced smile.

"Here let's go sit", she told me as she pulled on my arm and led me to a nearby table and bench. She instructed me to sit on the bench whilst she sat behind me on the table, legs either side of my torso. "I got you", she told me as she started to massage my head gently. I sighed in relief at the contact and closed my eyes as she wove her fingers through my hair and began to alleviate my pain. 

"I've got news", she told me after a few minutes. I hummed in response as I waited for her to continue speaking. "So...I'm spending the second half of the season on loan in England, I have wanted to try the WSL out for a while and I'm going to see how it goes", she told me in an excited squeal.

I brought her hands down off my head and turned to her with a big grin. "That's great Abby, let me know if you need help settling in or anything, I got you", I echoed her earlier words to me.

"Thanks Y/N/N", she told me with a blush as she turned my head around and continued massaging my head. I closed my eyes as we continued talking about her contract and I talked her through how it might feel a different to our native NWSL league.

I opened my eyes as I heard our rowdy team mates approaching, as they stepped onto the field for a final training session before the game. Alex standing in the back among them, and was eventually pushed to the front, "Go on Alex you can watch us from the injury bench", Megan told her with a grin as she stared between me and Alex, "Cmon Dahlkemper let's go", she told Abby as she slowly got up from behind me to go and join the session. 

"Thank you", I told her genuinely before she left, making her smile and blush slightly as she simply nodded then jogged away to join the group. Meanwhile Alex dragged her feet towards me and sat down next to me on the bench with a quiet huff.

"Sleep okay Morgan?", I teased slightly.

"Piss off Y/L/N", she answered back with an irritated tone.

"That's not what you were saying last night", I muttered under my breath as I looked out to see what the group were doing in their session.

"So...you and Abby?", she asked me with a slightly bitter tone.

"Fucking grow up Alex, you can't brush me off in the morning and then be mad at me", I told her, growing agitated with every passing second.

"I'm allowed to be annoyed if I see you sat between her legs with her hands all up in your hair", she defended with a huff.

"That was now, why did you leave in the morning without a fucking word?"

"What so I can't get out if bed without you attached to my fucking hip anymore?", her voice raising slightly.

"Keep your fucking voice down Morgan".

"Right because we don't want anyone finding out about how we hate each other during the day just to make it up at night", she huffed.

"You're so fucking...are you on your period or something?", I asked her with a groan as I felt my headache returning.

"You...fuck off Y/N", she said with a dismissive shove in my direction. 

"Gladly", I told her with an eye roll as I got off the bench and walked back to the complex. "Fucking hell", I muttered to myself as I began pressing at my temples again.

I returned the room I shared with Kelley and instantly laid down to take a nap, hoping it would help wear this headache off. I had ended up skipping lunch and only woke up when Kelley burst into the room around half past three in the afternoon.

"Shit did I wake you...what's wrong?", she asked as she sat on her opposing bed.

I sat up with a sigh as I explained everything going on with Alex.

"Okay first of all, yall fucking kissed?", she squealed in excitement. 

"I almost wish we hadn't now, it's just gone to shit since then".

"Okay Y/N you need to put yourself in her shoes I think...I don't know man but I imagine she has some trust issues after the whole Servando cheating deal, if I was in her shoes I know I wouldn't like to see you cuddling up to Dahlkemper either".

"Yeah but...we're friends", I told her, referring to Abby.

"Yeah YOU think", she snorted. "Literally everyone knows about Abby's crush on you, like she's not the best at hiding it. Alex is definitely jealous or something, and she's allowed to be in fairness", Kelley told me with a smirk.

I groaned and rolled over to bury my face in my pillow as I began to understand what Kelley meant.

Kelley laughed at my actions, "You just need to talk to her Y/N, do it during the game or something I don't know".

"Things didn't end too great the last time we spoke Kelley, she's going to rip my head off", I whined, beginning to regret some of the things I said earlier on during the day.

"You've both calmed down now...hopefully", she tried to reassure me. "Cmon, the last thing you can do is stay in here and mope. We'll chill out for like an hour and then you're joining me for my pre match meal Y/L/N, I'm not taking no for an answer", she told me as she fell back onto the bed and put in her earphones.