Part 7

Y/N's POV:

The stadium roared as the crowds came to life. "GOAL FOR ENGLAND. SCORED BY NUMBER 9 HEMP", the commentator boomed over the speakers. 

I dragged my feet back over to my starting position whilst the England team celebrated in the corner. I rested my hands on my knees, trying to stop everything from spinning. I felt awful, both physically and also because I was partly responsible for conceding the opening goal in the first ten minutes. I was finding it hard to focus and I didn't do my job properly and ultimately I let my team down. Kelley called me just before the restart and told me to shake it off, I looked up at her and nodded firmly as I stood up straight.

Sophia ended up equalising for us in the 28th minute as the team all ran to her hugged her to celebrate, but we conceded a penalty five minutes later and once again found ourselves 2-1 down as Stanway converted into the back of the net. I couldn't be more glad to hear the half time whistle eventually as I slowly made my way towards the tunnel, each heavy step taking so much effort. As I neared the entrance of the tunnel I had to stop for a couple seconds as the world around me began to spin quicker and quicker and then suddenly everything went black as I fell to the floor.

"Y/N? Can you hear me? Come on open your eyes please", I could hear a few voices around me as I felt my hands being squeezed lightly. "Cmon Y/L/N wake up lazy ass", a voice joked lightly, I could make it out as belonging to Kelley. 

I blinked my eyes open, slowly adjusting to the bright light. "Thank fuck, Jill she's up", Alex announced to our coach. I slowly sat up on the gurney as I noticed all my team mates looking at me with concern in their eyes. Most of them were sat down at the half time break, switching their sweaty shirts for fresh ones and taking drinks. Kelley and Abby were still around me as Alex went to her seat, sighing with relief.

"Sofia, you're up. Go warm up", Jill told the fullback who would inevitably replace me no matter how much I wanted to continue playing. The break was soon over and the team slowly began to leave, giving me a smile or high five on the way out. Abby stroked my hair off my face with a kind smile as she walked out and before I knew it the only person left was Alex who was re doing her laces before leaving.

"You can't be fainting on us like that Y/L/N", she joked. "What happened?", she asked with more concern.

I shrugged, "It was probably your avocado from earlier, made me feel sick", I told her with a smirk, making her shove me in the side before she jogged out with a laugh. I stayed inside the dressing room for a while before one of my coaches came in to check on me, I decided it would be better to go support my team outside to try and make back the deficit. 

We ended up losing the game which was annoying but it was only a friendly and it was to a very good England side so it didn't feel too bad. The benches all got up and joined the players on the field to shake hands. I congratulated a few of my club team mates on the win and then Kelley and Abby joined me to do a lap around the pitch to clap both the home and away fans in the stadium, who clapped and cheered back at us. We stopped in front of a group of kids with signs up asking for our shirts. I took off my big coat and stripped off my shirt and threw it into the crowd as Kelley and Abby did the same.

I could see Alex in the corner of my eye as she walked to the stands. At first I thought she was approaching some fans but as I looked closer I noticed she was at the family section. I could see her talking to her mom and to Servando. As soon as I saw him I could feel the blood in my veins start to boil, Kelley followed my line of sight, whispering a quick 'oh fuck' in the process as she was quick to hold me back when I was about to charge at them. "No I'm going to fuck him up Kelley", I told her and from the look in my eyes she could tell I was completely serious.

"Not now Y/N", she whisper yelled in my ear as she eventually calmed me down and she dragged me along to continue our lap around the pitch. Abby was confused and didn't understand what was happening but both she and Kelley walked me around, holding my hands in place so I didn't suddenly storm off and kick his ass in front of all the watching fans.

Just before entering the tunnel I made the mistake of turning back for one last glance. I felt my heart turn to stone as I saw Alex kissing the disgusting cheater that was able to call her his girlfriend, her arms wrapped around his neck and his own around her waist as her mom clapped in glee behind them. I immediately felt bile rise in my throat and I lurched forward, grabbing the closest thing that resembled a bucket to empty my guts. Kelley held my hair back as Abby started to rub my back slowly. Someone handed me a water bottle once I was done as I tried to stop the burning sensation in my throat. 

The two girls beside me shared looks of concern with each other as I straightened up and we started to head to the dressing room. Alex walked into the tunnel as we were turning to leave. "Woah what happened?", she asked with a confused voice, looking flushed as she slowly came closer.

"Fuck off Morgan", I mumbled as both girls led me away from her without speaking a word.