Part 27

Y/N's POV:

"Don't leave", Alex pleaded into my chest as we said our goodbyes in my room. 

"I'll see you soon okay, I promise", I reassured her as I placed a kiss on the top of her head.

"Awww you guys are so cute, you seriously don't realise how hard it is for me to not scream from the rooftops that my best friends are dating", Kelley said in the background, making both of us smile. "Y/N I think your Uber is here", Kelley told me as she hung out on the balcony, "San Jose to LA in an Uber, you've got serious bag", she tried to lighten the mood as Alex and I finally pulled apart. 

I walked over to my best friend and pulled her into a hug. "Thank you Kell, for everything you know", I told her quietly as I gestured to myself and Alex. "Of course", she nodded firmly before pushing me back to Alex with a smirk.

"I wish you could've come with me", I mumbled as I cradled her face in my hands. "Me too baby, but you know how Orlando want me back earlier", she sighed. We shared one last kiss before we reluctantly let go of each other, I glanced back at both of them for the final time with a sad smile before I wheeled my case out the door and headed downstairs.

The car journey was a long blur, I couldn't call or face time Alex because she would be already be on a flight back to Florida to return to her club. I remembered what she told me before leaving and I pulled out my phone and texted her that I had arrived safely, knowing she likely wouldn't see it for a couple more hours.

I freshened up a little and met up with my agent, then headed to Nike's new LA headquarters to sign my new cleat deal. After a long boring meeting both sides agreed to a new, bigger contract renewal, there was a couple of advertising obligations but in the end I was happy as I left the building with a new 5 year, 7 figure deal. 

Alex called me as I was on my way to get some dinner, I told her about my new deal and she congratulated me. "Take a nap Alex, I can hear that you're tired", I told her through the phone with a smile. "No I want to talk to you", she whined. "We can talk later or tomorrow babe, just get some rest okay?". "Okay", she grumbled, making me smile softly. We said our goodbyes and then hung up. I let out a sigh. I never thought I could miss someone so much.

I ate dinner then booked another Uber for the two hour drive to my Mom's house in San Diego where I would have to endure another long meeting the next day, although the possibilities that could arise from this one had me quite excited.

"Hey mom", I smiled as I stood at my front door with my suitcase. "Y/N you didn't tell me you were coming", she scolded before pulling me in for a hug. She dragged me inside and sat me down in the living room, bombarding me with questions about my recent times with both club and country.

"So... Y/N when are you going to introduce me to the special girl?". I coughed and spluttered on my drink, and then looked up at her, as my mind swirled with questions. "I can see it in your eyes darling", she told me with a smile.

"So what's her name?", my mom asked with a smirk.

"Alex", I muttered quietly.

"Alex...nice name. Wait...Y/N", her eyes narrowed at me and I visibly gulped. "This isn't the same Alex whose life you've made hell for the past 3 years is it?".

"It's the other way around mom, and...yes it is", I admitted, unable to hide my grin.

"I knew it", my mom cheered loudly. "Your eyes would light up when you'd complain about her Y/N, I should have known sooner", she laughed with a small shake of her head. "I can't wait to meet her Y/N. When are you bringing her to San Diego?", she asked with a smile. "Soon hopefully", I muttered before forcefully saying my goodbyes and rushing upstairs to my old room. I took a quick shower to wash all the travel grime off me and then I curled up on my small bed, Alex's name ringing on my phone just in time.

"Hi sexy", I greeted her face on my screen. "Shut up", she blushed. I told her all about the encounter with my mom downstairs as she failed to hide her grin. "I love her already Y/N, I can't wait to meet her and the rest of your family". "Well...it's just her really, my dad has never really been in the picture", I told her with a sad smile. 

"I'm sorry baby, I didn't meant to-"

"No don't worry about it, I can't wait to introduce you, soon", I promised her.

"So what's tomorrow's meeting about?", she asked me curiously.

"Can't tell you, sorry babe", I gestured with a mouth zip.

"Why not?", she whined. "Does it affect me too?"

I hid my smirk. "Perhaps". My short ambiguous answer left her whinging for more. "Call again tomorrow okay". "Fine, goodnight", she grumbled and hung up. I felt bad leaving her out of the loop, but I knew it was the best thing to do until I had certain assurances.

Alongside my agent, I entered the mysterious conference room full of investors. There was a presenting board on the far side of the room with the name 'San Diego Wave FC' in oversized letters. I greeted everyone and then sat down and the meeting began. 

After a few minutes one of the investors spoke to me directly, "Before I put my money into this project I want assurances of my own", a few of the others around him nodded in agreeance.

"I can assure you all, I will commit my future to San Diego for the foreseeable once it's up and running. Whilst it's being set up over the next season I will be returning to the US and be spending one season with Gotham FC, and can legally sign my pre contract half way through the year. I would be honoured to be the first signing for this club, and alongside myself I could bring in some more big names".

"Like?"

"Alex Morgan", I told them and smiled as a few of them were taken aback.

"How do you plan on tearing her away from Orlando? She's been there for many years and why would she want to join a new expansion team at this stage?"

"Similar to me, this club would be a homecoming for her and I'm sure she would jump at the opportunity to return home and be closer to her friends and family in this state. Also regarding her contract, there is only one year remaining and she could arrive in San Diego on a free transfer. As long as we are a competing team I'm sure she would love to join".

"You're sure you could convince her?". I nodded firmly.

The meeting concluded successfully. Within one year San Diego Wave FC would officially the NWSL, and if everything went to plan it would mean Alex and I could play together in a place we could call home for the foreseeable. Maybe I could convince Kelley to join too, the possibilities felt endless. I returned home and fell into my nap with a smile on my face.