Part 8

Y/N's POV:

As soon as we got to the dressing room I headed for the showers and came out ten minutes later in some fresh clothes. I could feel Alex's eyes on me as I packed all my stuff into a bag. Abby soon joined me after her own shower and looked at me with a sympathetic smile. "Kelley told me", she quietly whispered as she took a seat next to me. "I know you care about her and it's so shit that you had to see that". "I don't give a fuck about her", I reassured both her and myself as I finally took a glance at Alex. She was still changing out of her kit and had a completely normal expression on her face, as if she didn't just get back together with her cheating ass of a boyfriend. She noticed my gaze on her and gave me a questioning nod, I looked away feeling disgusted.

"How about you join me and Kelley tonight? We can have a sleepover or something", Abby asked with a soft smile. "And then we have tomorrow off for some sightseeing too around the city, that could be fun".

I finally looked at her properly, staring into her kind brown eyes, "yeah that sounds really good", I agreed as I flashed her a smile. "Come on now, let's get on the coach", she told me as she held onto my arm and walked out.

Kelley gave me a cheeky grin and wiggled her eyebrows as she passed us and noticed Abby's grip on my arm, she sat in the seats behind us. 

Eventually we reached the hotel and everyone gathered in the lobby. "MOVIE NIGHT IN MY ROOM", Megan shouted making half the team cheer and half the team groan. "No I want all of you there, it would be good team bonding, right Jill?", she asked the coach who nodded and told her it was a good idea.

"Fucking hell what weird shit are we watching today then?", I muttered to Kelley as we made our way upstairs in fits of laughter. I was in a weird mood and she knew how to cheer me up. We just constantly joked around until I had forgotten what I was annoyed about.

Most of the team was already in Megan and Crystal's shared room, and everyone had bought their blankets and pillows from their own rooms as we all piled onto the floor around the bed where the movie was to be projected on the wall above the bed. Kelley and myself were among the last to enter so we stepped over bodies that swatted at our ankles as we made our way to the tiny bit of free space we could find towards the back. Abby was already sat there, wrapped in her blanket as she waved us over. Kelley shoved me in the back, pushing me closer to her. 

She greeted us with a bright smile as we sat down. "Whose missing then?", Megan stood on the bed staring at all of us with her hands on her hips. "Just Mal and Alex", someone voiced, making me roll my eyes upon hearing her name. And speak of the devil and she will appear, I thought to myself as Alex creeped through the door with her blanket around her shoulders, soon followed by Mallory making everyone cheer. "FULL HOUSE", Crystal shouted, making everyone laugh.

I saw Alex sitting down near the front from the corner of my eye, making me sigh in relief that she was as far away from me as possible right now. I wrapped my arms around Kelley and Abby's shoulders as we leaned back to watch whatever movie was on tonight.

By the end of the movie half the team was in tears and the other have were in a confused daze. "What the fuck was that then?", I voiced loudly making a couple people laugh, as Abby lightly shoved me as she wiped her eyes. She turned to me with a humorous look in her eyes, "didn't you get it? That was so sad I can't believe it ended like that", she told me with a sigh. 

"Did he die? I don't get it", I told her as she laughed. "Come here", I told her as I wiped her cheeks with the gentlest of touches. She leaned her face in my palm and looked at me with a smile that could've made me melt right there and then. Our team mates around us began to stir, some getting up to go to their own rooms, others lying down completely in the spaces being left. 

I slowly lowered my hands as our little moment was broken by an irritating raspy voice. "Are you coming back to the room Y/N?", Alex towered in front of us. "No", I told her coldly as my jaw tightened. "Well can I use your key card I forgot mine", she shrugged. I handed it to her with a slight glare and watched in annoyance as she left.

"Forget her Y/N lets go", Kelley dragged me up to my feet as the three of us made our way to her shared room with Abby. "How are three of us meant to fit in there then?", I joked as we entered the room. My question was soon answered when I found myself tightly packed in the middle of the bed, stuck between Kelley and Abby. 

"I'd stay up to talk but I'm really tired guys", Kelley announced as she rolled over, not before giving me a slight shove and gesturing for me to talk to Abby. I turned on my side to face the brown eyed girl next to me, we made small talk for a couple of minutes and I started to notice she was fighting her tiredness to talk. "We'll talk tomorrow yeah? Come on get to sleep miss Dahlkemper, you played the full 90 I'm sure you're exhausted", I told her with a smile. "Night then Y/N", she replied with a tired smile as she turned slightly right on the edge of the bed.

I wrapped my arm around her waist to hold her in place, making her smile into the pillow. "Can't have you falling off in the middle of the night now can we?", I whispered as I leaned over and gave her a gentle kiss on the side of her head. She breathed out happily and soon enough we were both overtaken by sleep.