Part 32

Y/N's POV:

"I love Jill and Dawn but god their pre match meetings are so fucking boring, I wanted to go to sleep the whole time", I groaned as we returned to our room and I collapsed on the bed.

"You did dumbass, I'd know wouldn't I because I had to wake you up when Dawn started walking-talking as she does, if she caught you it would've been extra laps", Alex laughed as she joined me on the bed.

"Oh god, don't remind me about the training session earlier too, that straight up sucked ass, I'm so tired", I yawned as I rolled on my side to face Alex. 

"Come here", she invited me to rest my head on her lap and then stroked my hair back gently. "That's nice", I mumbled with a smile. "You want to take a nap baby? I'll wake you up for dinner", she offered but I shook my head.

"We could do something else", I wiggled my eyebrows at her, making her laugh but then she shook her head. "As much as I'd love to, you know we can't".

"You're no fun", I groaned as I began to ramble out my complaints about the supposed no sex before a match day rule.

Alex leaned down to shut me up with a kiss. "If you have a good game tomorrow I'll reward you, deal?", she asked with a smirk. 

"What does 'good game' entail for me then ms Morgan?", I quizzed her.

"Get a goal or an assist".

"Hey that's not fair I play in the fucking back four", I whined.

"If you want it that bad I'm sure you'll find a way", she teased me with a grin. "Now come on get  to sleep, I don't want to deal with your moody ass in the morning if you don't get enough sleep", she told me as she laid down next to me and rested her head on my chest.

"No way you're talking about morning moody asses but not referring to yourself", I mumbled and she shushed me, making me smile.

"Y/N how long, come on put your arms around me", she whined after a few minutes, waking me from a daze.

"Huh? Oh sorry Al", and then I wrapped my arm around her shoulder whilst my other hand reached down to pull her leg over my torso. "I'm gonna marry you one day", I murmured with a happy sigh as I fell into my sleep whilst Alex blushed and hid her smile as she pressed her face into me further.

It was time to play v Brazil. Everyone walked out the dressing room once they were ready and began to line up in the tunnel. I greeted a few of the Brazilian players I was familiar with and then stepped into my line, shaking out my limbs to try and get rid of the pre match jitters.

Alex was our captain today, and as she walked to the front of the line she high fived everyone in the line up, "Remember your reward later", she whispered in my ear before high fiving me, I quickly winked at her before she moved on and smirked as she walked away, my eyes glued to her ass.

"Head out the gutter kid", Kelley smacked my head from behind as she followed my line of sight.

We finally walked out to the loud cheers of the sold out stadium, I jumped up a few times upon entering the pitch and then clapped the fans as we walked to line up alongside the match officials. A blur of national anthems and team pictures later, the whistle was blown to start the game.

Once again I found myself in a back four consisting of myself and Crystal at fullback whilst Kelley and Abby filled the two centre back positions. I charged up and down my flank throughout the entire first half as I tried to swing in crosses for our attackers to get on the end of. I was desperate for that goal contribution. The first half came to a close with a 0-0 score line as we all headed back inside the dressing room for the break.

The second half was passing by and was as thrilling as the first, but again neither team could find the back of the net. We entered extra time and it seemed that this game was going to end in a goalless draw. I huffed as I hadn't gotten my goal contribution that would secure me a good night in with Alex. There was about a minute left and Jill screamed at all of us to get forward for what appeared to be the final corner of the game, Alyssa the keeper included.

Megan and myself began a short corner routine, she passed to me and I swung a better angled cross into the box. The stadium erupted as Alyssa Naeher got her head on the cross and redirected it into the back of the net. We all ran alongside her as she celebrated her first ever USA goal. "YESSS ALYSSA YOU FUCKING LEGEND", I screamed out as I jumped on her back. Most of our goals started with the keeper passing out from the back, but they never ended with the keeper. The celebrations eventually ended and the full time whistle was soon blown. 

We shook hands with the disheartened opposition players and then eventually made our way inside, cheering and shouting loudly for our goal keeper when she returned to the dressing room after her post match interviews. 

"No credit to you guys, my defense in front of me that helped secure the clean sheet and then big up Megan and Y/N for the corner routine, it was a great ball into the box to set me up", Alyssa turned to us with genuine gratitude as I engulfed her in a hug.

"Wait Y/N got the assist?", Alex asked everyone slightly confused, "did you not flick it towards Al?", she asked Trinity who just shook her head.

I wiggled my eyebrows at Alex as everyone began to change out of their sweaty kits. "You owe me", I mouthed to her with a smirk as she rolled her eyes but then nodded knowingly and made a 'later' gesture with a wink.

I smiled in triumph and turned to peel off my shirt and compression undershirt, feeling Alex's stare burning into my skin as she watched me from afar. "Close your mouth Morgan, don't want to catch flies", Megan told her as she noticed her staring at me, as I turned around to laugh at the comment with a few others.

After our team dinner everyone rushed into one of the conference rooms and pushed all the seats to the sides, leaving a large open space in the middle of the room. "MOVIE NIGHT", someone shouted loudly as half the group ran off to get their blankets from their rooms.

Alex pushed me to join them, "I'll get them next time, you go this time", she pleaded with puppy eyes as I reluctantly headed upstairs to grab what we needed. I returned with two blankets and as many pillows as I could carry, and layed out one blanket on the floor for us to lie on and we used the other to put over us.

"Thanks my baby", she whispered quietly as the movie started, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek. Someone had put on some animated movie and I wasn't really feeling it tonight and found myself getting bored, with my attention drifting to the woman next to me rather than the projection up on the wall.

I slowly moved from beside Alex to sit behind her instead, and she let out a happy sigh as she leaned back against my chest. I looked around me and noticed a few things: it was dark, everyone was focused on the movie, Alex and I were sat on the last makeshift row.

I boldly moved Alex's long hair to the side as I placed a gentle kiss to the back of her neck, and slowly moved to kiss the sensitive spot behind her ear. I smirked as I heard her breathing quicken ever so slightly.

"Y/N", she warned in a whisper as my fingers drew patterns on her thighs under the blanket, slowly creeping inwards as she gasped. 

"You know Alex, my head is hurting I might have to take an early night", I told her with a smile as I began to press at my temples dramatically. She turned around to look at me, shaking her head slightly as she bit back a grin.

We slowly stood up and gathered up our blankets, "guys Y/N has a headache so we're just going to have an early night", Alex announced to the rest of the group before we carefully stepped over bodies and left the conference room.

"It's so obvious they're off to fuck", we heard someone voice from within as soon as we shut the door, followed by a couple of laughs and agreeing murmurs. 

"Lets go then ms Morgan", I wrapped her in the blanket that I was carrying and picked her up in my arms bridal style, both of us laughing as I ran down the hall and to the lifts, eager to get upstairs for my reward.