Part 31

Y/N's POV:

At breakfast Jill announced that today's training session would be delayed a few hours and unlike usual we would have our recovery sessions first to rest up from yesterday, and then train in the afternoon. As soon as I had finished my green tea Kelley nudged me and gave me a slight glare to which I was trying and failing to be oblivious. Eventually she had to physically push me out of my seat as she whisper yelled for me to go and talk to Alex.

I walked to the table where she was sat with Lindsay, Lynn, Sam and Kristie. "Hey guys", I greeted them as I glanced at Alex's reaction to try and decipher her mood. She looked up at me but there was no visible frown or glare so I continued, "..Alex can we talk?"

She looked at me properly this time and just nodded slowly and got up after downing the rest of her morning coffee. I hesitantly held out my hand and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in when she took it, delicately slipping her hand into mine. She finally spoke when I led her outside, "where are we going?", she asked quietly.

"Breakfast", I simply replied as we walked out the complex and to a nearby cafe a couple of blocks away. We ordered some breakfast and then sat down to finally have the talk. 

"Okay, I'll start. I just want you to listen to me okay, like really listen and hear me out, okay?", she nodded wordlessly, as she waited for me to continue. "I am going to spend one year with Gotham FC, and I'm really sorry if that upsets you. I will fly down to Florida to see you every chance I get, every week if that's even possible and we'll play against each other a couple of times too throughout the season right? But more importantly I want to talk about the seasons afterwards", I told her and a frown appeared on her face instantly. "I'm not returning to Europe or something Alex", I reassured her with a laugh and she breathed out gratefully.

"When my one year contract with Gotham ends, so does your contract with Orlando. I know it's a lot to ask of you but I am asking you to not renew your deal. You might have heard the recent rumours in the media of a new west coast NWSL team that is in the works. Alex I've spent the last year or so with a group of investors, busting my ass to bring an NWSL expansion team to San Diego, my home as you know and not far from yours either. It's completely up to you but I would love it if you would join me in San Diego...we can play together, live together, just finally be together", I told her with a nervous smile and watched as she took in all the information.

I waited a couple seconds for a reaction and was surprised to see a tear roll down her cheek. "Alex?", I reached out for her hand, making her look at me properly. "I'm sorry for not listening to you before properly I was just hurt...and I'd love to play with you in San Diego", she sniffled and then laughed at the sight of my grin. I quickly moved my chair around so I could wrap an arm around her shoulder and pull her closer to me.

"I'm so glad you've said yes", I breathed out once I wiped her tears as she leaned her head against my chest. "I get to go home, and it's with you", she looked around for a few seconds and saw that there was no one around then pulled me in for a short kiss.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about it before, I was just scared it would all fall through and I didn't want to get your hopes up".

"Look at you Ms Y/L/N, getting all business-y and making your own football team as if we're in a video game", she laughed as she pressed a loving kiss to my cheek.

"Anything for us to be together", I smiled at her.

I noticed our food arriving so I moved my chair back around as we straightened up and started to eat. "We just need to get through one season apart", I told her as she let out a whine. "We can do it baby, it'll fly past I promise. Soon enough we'll be looking for a new house in San Diego and you'll be telling me how quick the season has gone past", I told her with a smirk.

"A house huh? So you want to live with me Y/L/N?", she asked me with a wry smile and I quickly noticed what I had said. 

"If you'll have me Morgan", I smiled back.

"I can't wait to live with you and play with you".

"Gotta play against me first though", I gave her a challenging look.

"Right, move over El Clasico, we've got Orlando Pride v Gotham FC now", she teased. "This food is so good Y/N, here try this", she leaned over to feed me some small French pastry. "Hmmm it's good...but I could make it better", I told her with a smirk.

"I've just realised you'll get to cook for me every day when we move to Cali", she stared at me with heart eyes and then snapped out of it when I let out a dramatic groan. "Oh god I'm turning vegan then aren't I?", I laughed.

"Only when you want to kiss me".

"You know I've heard great things about the vegan diet", I rambled as she sniggered and shoved me lightly.

Eventually we had to leave the haven of the quiet cafe and walk back to the training complex. I couldn't help but smile on the way back as I felt Alex's arm snake around one of mine as she continued her happy rambling about our future life together in southern California.

We bumped into Kelley as soon as we entered the facility who was quick to hug us and grinned at us being okay again. "Hmmm you want to extend your invitation Y/N?", Alex teased as we watched the clogs in Kelley's head turning.

"What are yall talking about?", she asked us, clearly confused.

"Hmm let me spend a couple of months living with her and then we'll see whether we want to deal with all that", I joked, making Kelley groan and push us out of the way as she walked past.

"But seriously Y/N, me and you can't form a whole football team, who is joining?"

I shrugged, "I get some say in transfers, don't worry babe we'll create a good team and I'll ask Kelley about it soon, I'm sure she'll jump at the opportunity", I reassured the brunette woman on my arm.

"Okay let's do a recovery session in the pool", she told me excitedly as she dragged me along with her.

"I know you, you're just trying to get me out my clothes aren't you Morgan?", I teased her as she blushed.