Part 5

Y/N's POV:

"So you and Abby seem closer", Alex said to me as soon as I walked in. 

"Yeah uhh I don't know she just misses her family and stuff I think, probably just needs someone to lean on", I told her as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Sure", she muttered as she rolled her eyes. From seeing the curled hairs at the base of her neck I knew Alex had already taken her shower so I went in with a new change of clothes. I checked the temperature dial this time before turning the water off but it was normal. I dressed in shorts and a hoodie and went around the bed to lie down on my side.

Alex was sitting up in bed with the lamp on reading a book. After a few minutes I realised I was going to be able to sleep like this so I turned over to face her side. "Alex?". "Yeah?", she asked softly. "Do you want to talk about it now?". "Okay then", she slid her bookmark in and put her reading to the side as I sat up in bed. 

"When did you find out?", I asked her softly.

"That one morning I was about to come downstairs to join you guys for breakfast and then my sister called me and I just had this feeling about it. She asked where I was and who was around and then told me she had caught him in our bed, in our house", she choked out with tears threatening to spill over. "I realised I had probably spoken to him that morning on the phone when she was lying next to him in my bed, in our bed. I haven't spoken to him about it but Jeri told him I know, he tried calling but I didn't pick up. My mom says my sister must have misunderstood in some way she doesn't want to believe he would ever do that to me. I just don't know what to do", she confessed honestly.

"Do you love him?", I asked her, part of me dreading to hear the answer. She just shrugged in response.

"I'll deal with it when we get back to the US I guess", she told me with a sad smile. "Now get to sleep", she ordered. I smiled as I laid back and stared up at the ceiling. Alex turned off the lamp and did the same, and as I felt myself drifting off to sleep I felt her hand intertwine with mine under the covers.

---

I woke up the next morning, and once again our limbs were all tangled up with each other. "Alex?". She hummed in response with her eyes still closed. "We need to get up soon, half an hour or so", I told her and felt her nod in acknowledgment, and then she snuggled into me further. One of my arms was already wrapped around her, with my hand resting just under her shirt on her lower back. I mindlessly drew gentle patterns and symbols on her soft skin with my finger, as she smiled into my shoulder. "That's nice", she mumbled. For a second I thought about annoying her by pinching her lightly or stopping entirely but I just couldn't bring myself to disturb her slumber this time and in fairness I didn't want her to get off or move away so I carried on with my tracing.

A persistent knock at the door disturbed my little art project that I had going on. Alex kept tapping me as she groaned, her way of saying go answer the door dumbass. I huffed a little as I left the warmth of the bed to go see who was knocking down my door at 9:30.

"Hey Abby, are you alright do you need something?". "Uhh Kelley just wanted me to ask you if you wanted to have breakfast a little earlier today at half ten maybe?"

"..what..yeah sure I'll come down at half ten", I told her as she left with a smile. If I knew anything about Kelley its that she would not send someone to my door to politely ask about changing breakfast, it was weird but I soon forgot about the whole ordeal when I climbed back into the warm bed. I sat up in bed with my legs outstretched as Alex asked me who was at the door. "Just Abby, I don't know something about breakfast at half ten". Alex huffed quietly and then sat up slightly to rest her head between my shoulder and neck, as she pulled the blanket up around herself and rested a hand on my side.  

After a few minutes I could hear her sniffing and looked down at her. "Alex...what's wrong?", I asked her with concern in my voice. "Nothing...I was just thinking about the whole Servando thing". "Forget about that dickhead right now okay", and I felt her nod slightly as she wiped her eyes. One of my arms was around her waist holding her in her place next to me, and with the other I began to slowly stroke her hair backwards as she relaxed again. She closed her eyes and nuzzled into my neck, letting out a deep breath. After a few minutes my hand began to tire out, and she must have noticed because she slowly brought my hand down to her lips and placed a gentle kiss on the back, then rested it on my stomach with hers on top.

I broke the comfortable silence a few moments later, "Am I just here for emotional support and to keep you warm then Morgan?" She laughed softly, the vibrations on my skin causing my spine to tingle. "What else do you want to be Y/L/N?", she asked with a wry smile. "Oh sod off", I told her making her snort with laughter.

I checked my phone to see the time, it was just past ten. "Cmon then up you get miss Morgan, breakfast at 10:30 remember". She groaned in response but eventually got up as we both got dressed in a new set of training gear and headed downstairs on time. I spotted Kelley and Abby at a table and led us both over to go sit with them.

 "Hey guys", I greeted them with a smile. Once again Abby greeted me with a quick kiss on the cheek, I didn't notice how Alex frowned at it a little. I looked forward at Kelley opposite me, who just narrowed her eyes and gestured to ask what was going on. I just shrugged, obviously oblivious to anything around me as usual.