Part 24

Y/N's POV:

"Y/N wake up", a raspy voice quietly whispered as they shook my shoulder a little. "Huh..hey Morgan", I lazily smiled as I stretched a little.

"The team has just come back from their shopping trip so I thought I'd wake you from your nap", she told me as she smoothed my hair back off my face.

"Five more minutes", I groaned as I turned to face her with a grin. "I'm just happy you're here after we've kissed, you know, not like last time. What happened?", I asked her as I was genuinely interested as to why she rushed off that one morning.

"Umm...I got scared Y/N. My feelings had suddenly grown so strong and after our kiss I just didn't know how to handle it?", she told me with a blush on her cheeks which I pointed out. She shoved me slightly but then I held onto her and pulled her a little closer.

"Are you flying back to England tomorrow then?", she asked sadly. I shook my head which surprised her as she sat up slightly, waiting for me to explain. "Come on tell me Y/N", she whined when I decided to tease her a little.

"Okay fine, I've got a Nike meeting in LA tomorrow and then another meeting in San Diego after, I'll probably go see my family too I'm not sure yet, so you've got me in this golden state for a whole two extra days", I told her as I leaned up to kiss her softly.

"Two days isn't enough...but I guess it'll have to do for now", she mumbled in between kisses. 

"So...I heard you aren't re signing with your current club when your contract ends this year..."

I groaned and tried to roll over but she quickly sat on my waist, pinning me down to my spot. "We have to talk to each other baby", she told me.

"Baby?"

"You don't want to be my baby?", she asked with a coy smile.

I grinned back and that was enough of an answer for her as she leaned down to place a quick kiss on my lips. "Now back to it Y/L/N, stop trying to get off track", she warned with a smile. "Tell me what you're thinking".

"I don't know yet Alex...there's a bunch of offers I haven't sat down and looked at the contracts properly yet though".

"What clubs...", she asked warily.

"Barcelona, Real, Lyonnais, some English clubs...", I told her as I tried to avoid eye contact.

"Are you trying to tell me no NWSL club offered the Y/N Y/L/N a contract?", she asked frustratedly, pushing her hair back.

"Look there's ongoing talks Alex...I mean does it really matter where I play?"

"YES", she nearly screamed but slowly took a breath. "...Y/N our relationship for starters would be so much easier if we were at least on the same fucking continent, and I mean what about your family and friends, it's not all about the money and the winning", she huffed out as she got off me and sat on the side with her arms crossed.

Now I was starting to get annoyed. "I have more money and medals than I need Alex you know that...you know I'd love to play with you or alongside you, I'm just not confirming anything at this point because I don't want to be getting anybody's hopes up..."

"Just let me get you a contract in Orlando Y/N, you say the words and I'll get it done", she whined as she held onto my arm and looked at me with puppy eyes. Those goddamn blue eyes.

"Alex...can we just talk about this another time?", I asked with a groan.

"Fine", she huffed as she got off the bed and then left the room. I rolled onto my stomach and wanted to scream into my pillow. Things ended with an argument nearly every single time, I thought to myself. Eventually I got up and straightened my appearance up and went downstairs to eat something. 

I noticed Alex and soon as I walked in and she rolled her eyes as she sat down at a table with Megan, Sonnett, Ali, Crystal and Trinity. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and tell her I was trying to secure a future for both of us but I couldn't at this moment in time. I just wanted to kiss her and smooth out the frown she was currently wearing. 

"Y/N come sit", Megan called out to me as she gestured to the empty seat between herself and Alex. I thought about it for a few seconds then agreed as I walked over and sat between them. "Hey guys", I greeted them all. They all greeted me back except Alex who huffed quietly, making me roll our eyes. This was our usual behaviour to everyone else and they didn't think anything of it.

"So Y/N...how are you, you know after Abby?"

"I'm doing good...you guys just keep supporting her through it though, I feel really shit about it".

"Do you regret it?", one of them asked and I noticed Alex suddenly perk up slightly as she waited for my answer.

"No...she wasn't my person and I wasn't hers, and that's okay", I told them honestly as I leaned back.

"Okay so tell us which English girl you've got your eye on back home because I can tell you're in love with someone", Megan teased.

"Guys...shut up I'm not, I don't know what you're talking about", I laughed nervously, rubbing the back of my neck, as I felt Alex kick me under the table and as she scoffed quietly.

"Y/N you sit around in a daze half of the time, I know for a fact you're dreaming about someone special, like our first day here you were definitely filling in O'Hara when you wouldn't shut the fuck up in the meeting. It was so obvious dude, I mean you were literally all blushed and flushed when you turned around of course we were going to notice".

"Bit stalkerish Rapinoe", I told her as I tried to move on from this subject.

"Just tell us Y/N. TELL US. TELL US. TELL US.", they all started chanting, and I noticed Alex had joined in with a smirk.

"OKAY FINE...there is someone and if you all shut the fuck up I will tell you about them", they all zipped their mouths instantly.

"There is someone...and I think she's my person", I told them as I quickly became conscious of Alex's stare on me, making me shift around a little.

"Is she hot?", Megan grinned as a few others rolled their eyes.

"The hottest woman ever, I mean really like the sexiest person I've ever laid my eyes on, I could just stare at her forever and ever", I boasted as Megan tried to fist bump me. I quickly glanced at Alex and saw she was looking down with a blush.

"So when are we meeting her?", Sonnett asked.

"Never", I told them with a smirk as they all erupted into groans and eye rolls. "Fine...when the time is right I will introduce you all", and eventually they settled down and were somewhat satisfied with my answer, knowing it's the best they were going to get.

"You're quiet Alex", Trinity said and suddenly all eyes were on her.

"Just doing a minute of silence for the poor girl who has to deal with Y/N for the foreseeable", she teased as everyone laughed. I lightly kicked her foot under the table and she looked up at me with a grin as she placed her hand on my knee and started drawing little circles on my skin.

I gave her a soft smile and a wink when everybody else had turned to look at Rose and Lindsey who were arm wrestling at another table, as she playfully bumped into my arm.