Part 15

Y/N's POV:

Alex and I had spent the hours after lunch together too and now it was time for the game, we walked out to the stadium where fans were slowly filling up the seats as the rest of our team mates were doing warmups on the grass. It was a cold evening in New York, I had only realised when I saw Alex shivering a little as she was in uswnt sweats and a tshirt, whereas I had a big coat on too.

I rested my crutches to the side for a second as I took off my coat and handed it to her. She tried to argue back but I told her to shut up and take it. Kick off was soon approaching so I told her her go sit down on the bench whilst I headed inside to get another coat and a blanket.

I headed back inside the dressing room, wishing my team mates good luck as they walked out the tunnel. I put another thick USA crested coat on and headed back outside as the American and Spanish national anthems rung out through the stadium. I walked over to the bench where I conveniently found the only empty seat was on the end next to Alex. I glared at a few of my team mates as I walked over, as they tried not to laugh.

I dramatically faked a huff as I sat down next to Alex, making her smile and shove me in the side. I put the blanket over our legs, making her smile at me with eyes full of gratitude. Sonnett who was sat on the row in front of us turned around and made a quip about us being grannies as the game started, making me flick her head.

I rested my arm on the back of Alex's seat and she turned to me with a wry smile. "Real smooth Y/L/N", she joked as she leaned into me. I could barely pay attention to the game ahead of me, I knew our team was winning right now and that was enough. All of my energy was focused on the blue eyed girl next to me who seemed to have me wrapped around her finger. 

Before I knew it the half time whistle had blown and a media member had called me over for a pitch side interview at the break. They mainly asked about my injury and I was soon allowed to return to my seat as the second half began. 

Alex huffed and rolled her eyes as I sat back down next to her. "What?", I questioned innocently.

"You really liked the look of that blonde TV presenter didn't you?", she huffed as she turned away from me.

"Awww jealous already?", I cooed in her ear, as I bit my lip to suppress a smile. She stayed mad for a few more minutes until I eventually leaned over to whisper in her ear. "She isn't you", I told her and watched as she blushed and turned to shove me with a wry smile.

I continued to watch the game as Spain got a penalty and drew level when Putella put it away making us all sigh. I felt a hand resting on my thigh just above my knee, under the blanket. I tried not to smile and put my attention back on what was going on in the game. 

I looked around the stadium a little and as soon as my head turned even slightly in the direction of the blonde TV presenter from earlier I felt a pinch on my thigh. I quickly turned to Alex, "I wasnt even looking at her", I defended, in a irritated whisper.

"You better not have been", Alex replied with her head facing forward. I squirmed a little, still feeling the aftermath of the pinch, she soon noticed and rubbed my leg for a few seconds as she muttered a quick 'sorry'.

The game finally ended in a 2-2 draw. "Bet we would have won if I was playing",  I boasted to the girl on my side. "So much for humility then", she joked as she shoved me lightly. 

"FYI we definetly would've lost if you were on the pitch, there would've been a 90th minute Y/L/N own goal", she joked as we started to stand up.

"You're so lucky neither of us can run right now Morgan or I swear I would've chased you around this pitch for that comment", I told her with a smirk and shoved her.

Eventually everyone made it back into the dressing room as Jill and the coaching staff congratulated everyone on the win. 

Kelley and I sat down at a table in the canteen to have dinner and it didn't take long for the rest of the table to fill up with Christen, Tobin, Emily, Megan and Alex all coming to join us.

"So whats going with you two?", Megan asked, gesturing between me and Alex.

"What are you getting at Rapinoe?", I asked with an eyeroll as I noticed Kelley smirking.

"Well you guys have annoyed each other for 3 years straight, you stay in a room together for a week, beat up her ex boyfriend and now you're both joined at the hip?"

"Shut up Megan", Alex laughed as we both tried to make light of the situation.

The rest of dinner went as usual and the team went on a short walk around the training complex before beginning to retire to bed, as most were tired from the game. Alex and I walked through the corridor together as we made our way upstairs, our rooms were both on the same floor and we had just reached her door.

"So...goodnight Morgan", I told her with before turning to leave. She was quick to pull on my arm and tug me back to her, as she tiptoed slightly to wrap her arms around my neck.

It took me a second to comprehend but I tried to wrap my arms around her waist without dropping my crutches entirely, our bodies completely leaning against each others.

"I missed you", she mumbled into my neck, making me feel all mushy inside as I failed to hide my smile. "I missed you too", I told her truthfully as I pressed a kiss on the top of her head. 

"Are you ever going to let go Alex?", I asked her with a laugh after a few seconds. She just shook her head in response as she practically clung from my neck. "Cmon Alex you need to get to bed", I told her a little more firmly as she finally pulled back slightly.

"Can't we just change the room arrangements slightly?", she asked shyly as she looked up at me with a slight blush.

"I'll see what I can do for tomorrow, okay? Listen I'll see you at breakfast okay Morgan",  I told her as she reluctantly ended up letting go of her grasp on my neck. Just before she slipped into her room I gave her a cheeky wink as she rolled her eyes and tried to suppress a grin. "Night Y/L/N", she whispered before shutting the door. 

"Night Morgan", I whispered to myself as I made it back to my room where Kelley would definitely be waiting to for details or to just tease me.