Part 35

Y/N's POV:

"You ready to leave the tea and crumpets behind?", Alex smiled as she reached for my hand. I nodded back at her with a grin as the plane began take off. 

"I'll miss the beans on toast", I told her with a lazy smile as she made a disgusted face. "Don't make that face Ms. Avocado", I teased her as she shoved me.

"So New York huh? East coast for a year and then it's sunny San Diego. I can't wait", she turned to me with a grin.

"How long until you have to return to Orlando?", I asked with a small sigh.

"You've got me in New York for two days", she smiled sadly. "You and Kelley are going to drive me crazy though, I might want to leave after just one", she joked as I laughed softly. "Y/N I need to tell you something", she sobered and I turned to her with a slight nod.

"So you know yesterday when I was using your phone to call your mom.."

"Yeah since she met you she's spoken to you more than she's spoken to me", I laughed.

"Well after that call I made another call...to your manager. Long story short you've got a week off to settle into New York before you begin your training with Gotham. I know I can't be there the entire time but I need you to rest up for me okay babe. No shut up let me talk. I know one week isn't a lot but it's the best I could get you okay. Please don't be annoyed at me for getting in your business".

I stopped to think for a few seconds as I was slightly unsure how to feel. For a second I felt irritation rising, she made me look weak in front of my management. But the feelings died down quickly, as I began to realise she did it for me and for my sake. She really cared about me.

I faced her with a slightly blank face to try and scare her for a second, but then I couldn't help the smile breaking through on my lips. "Thank you baby", I told her genuinely as I pulled her in for a kiss, and she breathed out a sigh of relief.

We landed at JFK and took a traffic-filled taxi ride to Kelley's apartment. She attacked us both with a massive hug as soon as she opened the door. "WELCOME ROOMIE, AND HER GIRL", she screamed and I couldn't help but laugh. I wheeled in my cases and dropped onto one of her couches. 

"I'm exhausted man", I smiled at my best friend but got a look of concern from Alex who sat down next to me. "Not like that", I tried to explain myself, but I earned a slight glare from her, "I'll sleep soon okay", I assured her.

"No you sleep now", she glared at me as Kelley and I both began to whine about it. 

"Just half an hour of catching up?", I begged her but she shook her head, and eventually dragged me into the spare room that would be my bedroom for the next year or so. I flopped onto the bed face down, making her laugh as she shut the door behind us. I felt her climb onto my back, straddling my lower back as she began to massage my neck and shoulders.

I groaned in relief as Alex's hands continued to work my muscles. "You're so tense baby", she leaned down to whisper in my ear. "Relax baby", she continued whispering sweet nothings into my ear and then eventually I couldn't take it no more. I rolled slightly to pull her off me and down next to me as I desperately moved to attach my lips to hers, making her moan into my mouth slightly as I took her by surprise.

"Fuck...Alex...", I groaned as I moved my mouth to work on her neck. 

"Wait baby", she stopped me. "I shouldn't have started this, you need to rest okay", she told me and I started to whine and try to argue back but she sealed my lips with a final kiss and rested her head on my chest. "Go to sleep Y/N", she said softly as she closed her eyes and drew faint patterns on my stomach under my shirt.

"God you leave me so frustrated", I mumbled with a smile as I kissed the top of her head. 

"Arms", Alex whined just as I was slipping into sleep. I lazily smiled at her tone as I wrapped my arms around her, one of my hands slipping under her shirt to stroke the small of her back.

"Are you ready to wake up babe?", Alex cooed in my ear quietly after quite a few hours of napping. "Hmmm", I whined for a few seconds before blinking my eyes open, "yeah I'm up", I slowly got up and smiled at her.

We cuddled in bed for a few minutes until she broke our peaceful silence. "I forgot to remind you, Kelley ordered pizza", she told me with a wry smile. I quickly charged for the bed room door. "Wait for me asshole", she laughed as she followed me out.

"Hey guys, Ali, other Allie, Kristie and Lynn are coming over, that's okay right? They just wanted to see you and hang out for a bit", Kelley told us with her mouth full as we gathered in the kitchen to eat some classic style New York pizza.

Our team mates arrived soon enough as Kelley said they would and we all hung out in her Kelley's living room, catching up for an hour or so as a bottle of wine was being passed around. Ali, Lynn and Kristie left after a while and the three of us that were left put on a movie. 

"So what shall we do tomorrow besties?", Kelley turned to us as finished off the bottle. "You motherfuckers make me feel so single", she groaned as she saw Alex and I curled up under a blanket together.

"You know the city better than us Kell, you plan whatever you want and we'll be there", Alex yawned. "But no clubbing, no drinking, n-", she warned my best friend who cut her off with an exaggerated groan as she clumsily stood up. "Blah blah I got it Morgan...I'm going to bed love birds, if you're going to fuck please keep it down", she smirked and ran off to her room after Alex and I grabbed the closest spare pillows and threw them in her direction.