Part 12

Y/N's POV:

The next morning I was called to Jill's room, my palms getting sweaty on the way there. I knocked on the door and she let me in and we sat down at the balcony. 

"I know there was some incident last night Y/N, your team mates tried to cover it up but you know I have my ways", she told me firmly. "I'm not mad don't worry. I'm not going to intervene now because I'm told the issues been solved already. Or the issue has left shall I say", she softened as she cracked a smile, as I let out a deep breath. 

"When did he leave?", I asked Jill genuinely curious.

"Earlier this morning...Alex went with him since camps pretty much over.."

My jaw tightened as I just nodded. "Y/N, no more outbursts yeah? And I want you to take care of yourself okay, the team doctor should be sending out your bloodwork from the collapse at Wembley in a couple of days, it's nothing concerning I'm told but just keep an eye on it. What are your plans for the week of international break left then?"

"I'll probably fly home for a week and then be back here in England to continue the WSL season", I told her as she nodded. After some more small talk she eventually let me go and I returned to Kelley and Abby's room to sort out any packing.

Kelley and I would spend the week in California and just hang out before we had to return to club football, meanwhile Abby said she was going to spend her week with her family in Pennsylvania. The whole team reached the airport where everyone would split up and go their separate ways. 

Abby's flight was one of the first to board so I quickly went over to her to say my goodbyes. "Y/N", as she pulled away from our hug and looked me in the eyes, slowly stroking my cheek. I held her waist close to me as her eyes flicked between my eyes and lips. I leaned down slowly as I closed the gap between us and our lips connected for a few seconds. Tingles ran down my spine as she pulled me in again after a couple of seconds apart. "Take care yeah?", she told me breathlessly as she rested her forehead against mine. I hummed in response, "I'll see you soon", I told her with a smile as we reluctantly parted ways. 

Abby walked through to the lounge as I returned to an overly excited Kelley who had seen our exchange and was jumping up and down with glee. "DUDE YOU KISSED", she shouted at me as if I didn't know. "YOU'RE ALL BLUSHED AND FLUSHED", she laughed at me. I quietly told her to piss off as I touched my red hot cheeks, trying to take in what had just happened. I just kissed Abby Dahlkemper. And I wanted to do it again. I missed the feeling of her lips on mine even if it hadn't lasted very long in the first place.

A couple hours later, me and Kelley had finally boarded our slightly delayed flight to LAX. It was a really long flight but we slept through half then watched a movie and talked for a while. 

"So what's going to happen with Abby then?", she asked me curiously. "I don't know. I don't see her again till our next US camp in a couple of months...I guess I'll see how thing are then for both us and see if there's something there", I told her with a happy sigh.

"...and what about Alex?", she asked meekly. Both my face and tone hardened. "What do you mean? There's no such thing between us Kelley, you're talking out your ass", my voice slowly rising as I was getting agitated. She smirked a little but said nothing more on the matter. "I'm serious, there's nothing there with Morgan, it's the same now as it has been for the last 3 years, she gets on my nerves and I want nothing to do with her", I tried to reassure her and myself.

We finally arrived in Los Angeles. We rented a car for the week, particularly for the 2 hour drive from LA to San Diego, my home city. We were going to spend the week in my family home, or just the nights really as we loved spending the days in the sun. We spent the week doing all sorts of activities from surfing, to hiking, and some light football training sessions just to ensure we were as fit as possible for the return of the season.

The week was over as quick as it had come and before I knew it I had landed in England once more, alone this time to continue the club season with my team. The following weeks went by in a flash as well, my club was doing well up towards the top of the table in somewhat of a title race in the league. The weeks turned into two months and suddenly I was being called up to the national team camp again. 

I flew to New York as scheduled, excited to see some of my team mates. I made sure to change into some training gear as I arrived at base camp and made my began my rounds of the training ground and stadium to greet whoever I could find along the way. I was currently on my way to get some bloodwork done at the medics room when I felt someone jump on my back. I didn't even need to turn around to see who it was as the screeching voice was more than enough. 

"Y/N". "KELLEY". I hugged her back tightly once she got off as she began to tell me all the latest gossip from her ongoing NWSL season. We soon met up with Abby and a couple of others too as lunch time was soon approaching. She hugged me like usual but this time there was no kiss on the cheek, which made me shrug.

Jill soon walked in too as she scanned over all the faces in the room. "Welcome back everyone, you may have noticed we have a new addition since our last camp. Everybody welcome Jaedyn Shaw to the US national team, as you may have noticed Alex isn't fit for this camp although she has still come to show her support and continue her rehab". I didn't actually know Alex was injured and hadn't even seen her around today. I wonder whether she's still with Servando. I hadn't even noticed how I fell into a daze thinking about her until Kelley and Megan both nudged me awake. 

---