Part 2

Y/N's POV:

The team had finally made it onto the plane as we were flying to London for a friendly match against England at Wembley. Most of my team mates played in the NWSL league in the US, I was one of a few on the team that was playing in England's league so it's safe to say I was prepared for the cold November weather. I stepped off the plane in a hoodie and puffer jacket whilst most the others had tshirts. I laughed at Kelley and Megan who were shivering their asses off and begging me for my jacket as we waited for our transport to arrive at the airport.

I soon noticed Alex behind everyone, she still looked sad but smiled a little when she spotted me looking at her. I walked over to her and saw her shivering so I took off my puffer jacket and made her put it on, a few of my team mates realised like Megan who huffed dramatically, and Kelley who just narrowed her eyes at me suspiciously, she was my best friend and she was definitely going to bombard me with questions at some point because she knew the extent of my Alex and I's incompatible relationship up until this point.

Our transport to get us to our hotel was very delayed and some people were getting impatient. There was a few benches but they were quickly filled and everyone else had to sit on the cold floor. Alex and I sat on the floor with our legs stretched out as we leaned against a wall. I nonchalantly threw an arm around her shoulders and she yawned as she rested her head on me. I closed my eyes and leaned my head on hers, a few minutes later we were interrupted by the sound of a camera going off.

"Fuck its way too loud", I heard Kelley mutter as I opened my eyes. She was stood in front of us with a camera in our face. "Hi guys, so whats going on", she whispered and she sat down next to me. I tried to sit up a little but Alex's head was still on me. "Morgan...get off me", I told her a little too coldly. She cleared her throat as she sat up and leaned away from me.

"You guys are being nicer to each other than usual whats going on", Kelley whispered in my ear. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her. And when it all fell quiet again I leaned back and thought to myself as her question repeated in my head, what was going on? I was in deep thought, thinking only about the blue eyed girl next to me when Jill finally announced our transport was here.

We all headed outside where there was a trail of blacked out vans, waiting to take us to our hotel. I looked around for Alex but she had already gone with another group. Kelley ended up dragging me into one of the vans as I let out a sigh. Everyone gathered in the hotel lobby once we arrived, yawning and sighing as they fought to keep their eyes open.

"So guys, there was a mistake with the bookings. It's still two to a room but there is only one bed", Jill announced as everyone groaned. Meanwhile Kelley jumped on my back with a cheer. "Not so fast Kelley, you're not rooming with Y/N. We thought we'd mix it up a little this time, me and Dawn have assigned the room pairs this time", she told us as she glanced at her assistant coach trying to hide a smirk.

I listened out for my name in the long ass list. "Room 335 is...Y/N and...Alex", Jill read from her list. I huffed a little out of instinct, making a few of my team mates smile. "Classic Y/S/N" [Y/N + Alex ship name], Megan laughed as I flipped her off.

Once the whole list was done everyone split up in their pairs and headed to the lifts in groups. I spotted Alex and walked over to her. "Here I got that", I gestured to her case. "It's fine I'll take it", she told me coldly. I rolled my eyes and walked on without looking behind, just assuming she was following on. We eventually made it up to room 335, I swiped the door card to enter and as expected there was indeed one big bed.

We were only staying a week so I wouldn't completely unpack, I sat down with my case between my outstretched legs as I dug around for a change of clothes. I changed into a grey hoodie and sweats after a quick warm shower, and noticed Alex had already gone downstairs as I was putting some thick socks on. I joined Kelley, Crystal and Abby at their table as everyone enjoyed a light meal before bed. "So...you and Alex are getting along now or...", Kelley asked me as I sipped my water. "Fuck no", I snorted as I answered her question, deep down knowing I was low key lying, I think. I didn't want to reveal Alex's business with Servando until she wanted people to know. "Just drop it Kelley", I sobered as I could tell she had more questions.

Everyone ate and then talked for a bit before Jill began ushering us off to bed. I got up to head upstairs when Kelley call me back. "Not so fast missy", she told me as she pulled me into a hug. I reluctantly hugged her back and then turned to go. "Uhh forgetting someone", another voice called me back. "Sorry Dahlkemper, just tired", I smiled as I pulled the blonde in for a hug. "Okay now you can go", she laughed as she kissed my cheek and jokingly shoved me away. 

As I exited the lift I noticed Alex waiting outside our hotel room door. "I forgot my card", she muttered as I let us both in. Alex went to shower almost immediately and I sighed, sitting down on one side of our shared bed as thoughts of the blue eyed forward still ran through my head. I didn't like her but I did feel bad for her I guess, no one deserves to be cheated on. I took off my slides but kept the socks as I leaned forward, letting the blood rush to my head as I massaged my scalp. I hadn't even heard Alex leave the bathroom, I only felt the other side of the bed dip slightly as she laid down on her side. I turned around to look at her but her back was facing me and she already seemed half asleep so I let her be. I thought she was continuing her little cold act so I huffed and laid down facing the opposite way. Little did I know she had just cried in the shower and didn't want me to see her puffy red eyes.