Part 39

Y/N's POV:

"I just miss you so much I hate being apart", Alex cried from the other end of the phone.

 "I know baby, hey look at me", I told her gently through facetime and she looked up at me with red teary eyes as she wiped her eyes. "Please don't cry", I told her, my own voice choking up, I felt like my heart was cracking into pieces, I hated seeing her so sad. All I wanted to do was wrap her up in my arms and wipe away her tears.

"We haven't seen each other in weeks", she cried even harder, making my own eyes begin to water.

"Alex look at me, breathe baby", I instructed and after a few minutes I managed to get her calmed down.

"Just one more week apart and we'll be meeting up for national team camp okay?", I smiled at her, "And then we're off to France, I'm going to take you out to all the romantic places on our off days", I grinned at her, making her smile. "And we're going to win the World Cup aren't we baby?", and she nodded softly in response as she wiped away the remaining traces of the tears she shed.

"But what about after that?", she  started to get sad again, with fresh tears threatening to spill out her puffy eyes. 

"Don't think about the after right now Alex", I told her with a slight shake of my head.

"But we're going to be apart again for the second half of the season", she frowned.

"How about I fake an injury and come spend time with you?", I joked as I tried to lighten her mood. 

"Shut up", she blushed, "and don't do that", she warned.

"You look tired baby, go to sleep for me okay? I'll speak to you in the morning. I think Kelley's just come back as well...yeah she says goodnight".

"No I want to keep talking", she whined, making me smile.

"No Alex you need to sleep okay, promise I'll call first thing in the morning".

"Fine", she huffed slightly. "Goodnight Y/N, I love you".

"I love you too, night Alex", I said before reluctantly hanging up. I stayed on the sofa for a few minutes, swiping through pictures of me and Alex together then I put my phone down with a huff.

"Everything good?", Kelley walked back out her room with a small smile.

"I just miss her so much", I choked out with a bitter smile and she came over to rub my back comfortingly. 

"Just one more game and then we can fly out to camp and see her yeah? You got this. Now get to sleep Y/L/N", she grinned and patted me on the head before returning to her room. I dragged my limbs off the couch and tiredly made me way to my room.

The week had finally passed and now it was time to see my girl. Kelley and I practically jumped off the bus, completely forgetting about our luggage, as we ran inside the training centre excitedly.

"SHE'S THERE, SHE'S THERE", Kelley pointed before pushing me in Alex's direction, "GO GET YOUR GIRL", she cheered loudly as I ran over to where Alex was standing on the other side of the field, her back turned away from me.

"ALEX", I screamed out as I ran towards her with my arms wide open. She turned around and laughed aloud as she saw me coming at her, I quickly wrapped her in my arms once I got to her and picked her up, spinning her around a couple of times as I buried my face in her neck. "I missed you so much", she mumbled against my lips once I put her back down. "No more tears", I whispered with a smile as I wiped her wet cheeks. She held onto me tightly and I knew it would be a good while before she even loosened her grip, let alone let go of me. 

"I got you this", I grinned as I pulled out a flower from my back pocket and then frowned upon seeing it was all trampled. "Shit, uhhh I sat on it but I thought it might like pop back up into shape?"

She laughed but still took it, pressing a kiss to my lips, "I still love it", she smiled as she admired the yellow crumpled flower. 

"God you guys make me feel so single", Christen smiled as she watched us. "I'm right here?", Tobin gasped slightly, waving her arms around. "Sorry babe, you know what I mean", Christen smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

I wrapped my arms around Alex's waist from behind as we walked inside the facility and made our way to the introductory team meeting. I rolled my eyes as we walked to the back of the conference room, where Megan and Kelley were resting their legs on another chair with a stupid smirk on their faces as they tried to avoid all eye contact with us, leaving only one chair empty for me and Alex.

"Dickheads", I muttered at them as I tried not to smile at their antics. 

"Feet off", Alex hissed at them but they both shook their heads. "Where the fuck are we both meant to sit?", Alex asked them with a huff.

"It's okay I got a seat for you", I told her with a grin as I sat down on the empty seat and then pulled her down into my lap. "Smooth", she laughed and kissed my cheek before turning to face the front where Jill began talking.

"Welcome back girls, and congratulations to all of you present on making the FIFA World Cup roster", she smiled widely as there were cheers and whoops all around the room. Alex leaned her head against mine with an arm around my neck as she actually listened to what Jill was saying. As usual I couldn't focus on the coach's words and instead turned my attention to the girl in my lap.

I bought on of her hands to my lips and pressed a kiss on the back, making her smile softly. After that my finger tips began absentmindedly tracing shapes and letters on her thigh. Once I started to get bored I decided to look at what I was actually drawing on her leg. My eyes followed my fingers and I began to mentally spell out what I was tracing, 'I...L...O...V...E...Y...O...U', followed my hearts and stars and other random shapes.

Holy shit I thought to myself. If this didn't make her my soul mate I don't know what did. "I love you", I looked into Alex's eyes and whispered, my heart feeling full and at peace when she returned my words with slightly reddened cheeks. I leaned into her as I smiled to myself and finally tried to focus on Jill's closing words.