•17•

Jacob let out a frustrated sigh, as he collapsed onto the couch, groaning as his face hit a cushion. Yet again I, Jacob Smith, have taken it too far. He just knew that Harry had to be punished, but cutting him repeatedly? That was too far, especially when he is pregnant, and stress isn't healthy for the baby. Way to go Jacob, you've outdone yourself now!

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" he chanted to himself, punching the cushions with every word. If Harry hated me before...God I was screwed now.

"You just keep making the same mistakes huh?"

Jacob groaned into the cushion again, not bothering to look up to see who it was, since he already recognized the voice as Tom.

"Jacob, did you ever stop to think that he might forgive you if you weren't so tough on him?" he asked, sitting down in front of him.

"Yes, I thought of that, but he keeps trying to get away, and if I don't punish him, he'll never give up!" Jacob moaned.

"And why does he keep running? Because he is scared. Show him the real Jacob that you're too afraid to show others." Tom comforted.

"And what is the real Jacob?" he scoffed, causing Tom to laugh.

"You know exactly who he is! Jacob Drew Smith, the boy who is only thirty-one years old, and likes to laugh with his friends, muck around, has a goofy sense of humor-"

"Hey!" Jacob protested. "That cow knock knock joke is a classic!"

"See! That's the Jacob that Harry hasn't seen yet!" Tom laughed. "Be the real you, and maybe he will stop running, and actually fall for you? You're a great guy Jacob, and he'd be foolish not to like the real you."

"He wouldn't like the real me. He likes Luke and Ashton who weren't anything like me." Jacob pouted.

"Since when did Jacob Smith admit defeat?" Tom fake gasped.

"Since now." Jacob grumbled, burying his face back into the cushion, groaning.

"Jacob, show him the real you." Tom reasoned, patting his back.

"And what if she doesn't like the real Jacob?" He questioned.

"He'd be a fool not to like the real Jacob! If you stopped hurting him, and instead looked after him, making him smile and laugh, he'd fall for you, because the real Jacob Smith is an incredible guy, who knows how to treat his boy like a princess, and he'd love you, and see you as his prince." Tom encouraged.

"Do you really think that?" Jacob whispered.

"Na, I just said it because I'm bored!" he laughed.

"You're a dick!" Jacob grumbled, trying to fight the smile, and lost, laughing along with Tom.

"Seriously though Jacob, I do mean it. Be the real you, and he'll fall for you, just as you did for him." he smiled, causing Jacob to smile too.

"Thank you Tom. I'm gonna go see of he's okay." Jacob spoke, getting up from the couch and heading to the stairs. As he reached the stair case, he spun around again. "Hey Tom?"

"Yeah?" he replied.

"Thank you." Jacob smiled.

"You already said that!" he laughed, shaking his head.

"No, I mean thank you for not making a move on Harry like Niall did. I heard you guys talking, and I know you like him. But I heard what you said. That you'd never act on it, because you care too much about our friendship. I really appreciate it lad. There aren't many good guys like you around these days." Jacob explained.