•36•

Hayden's POV

I opened my eyes and found myself in an unfamiliar room that wasn't my own. I looked around and there was no one else in the room. I sighed. I tried to recall what happened last night. I remembered having dinner and watching a movie at Archie's house. I must've fallen asleep. I walked over to the door and opened it. I smelled something coming from downstairs. I went downstairs and saw Archie cooking something.

"Hey, you're finally awake." He smiles and I blushed "Hey, there's no need to be embarrassed about last night." He smiles "I decided not to wake you up because I didn't have the heart to, you seemed so tired. That's why I decided to just let you sleep in Toni's room. Don't worry, she won't mind, she won't mind, she's probably just gonna freak out when she finds out you slept on her bed." He added and I turned red "Here, I made breakfast for you." He smiled, giving me a plate with pancakes and fruits

"Thank you." I said quietly, still embarrassed about the fact that I fell asleep at his house

"You're welcome." He smiled. We then had breakfast together and placed the dishes in the dishwasher. That's when I realized that nobody fed the cat.

"I-I gotta get going." I said to him. "No one fed the cat last night."

"Don't worry about it, I figured that Hailee has spare keys to your house so I decided to call her last night and asked her to do you a favor and feed the cat." He smiled.

"Really?" I asked him and he nodded. "Thank you." I smiled "but I still have to go, I have to shower and continue moving my things."

"Sure, I'll drive you home." He smiles and I lightly nodded. We got into his car and began driving to my house.

"Um, Luke?" I called.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Thank you so much for what you did for me last night." I lightly smiled.

"Don't worry about it, really." He smiles and I blushed. I couldn't stop blushing when I'm around him. Something about him just made my heart flutter. Being around him felt familiar. It's been over a few months since I ended my relationship with Jacob, but it still hurts a lot to remember although it was Jacob's too and the pregnancy was a result of rape. I tried to imagine my life right now if Jacob never abused me. I would be a married man, possibly a mom.

"Hey, are you okay?" Luke asked, probably noticing the change in my expression.

"Y-Yeah." I lied, but he didn't seem to buy it. He pulled up on the side of the road.

"Harry, I don't want to butt in or anything, but you don't seem okay. You know, you can always tell me anything." He lightly smiled.

"It's just-" Before I got to say anything, my tears freely streamed down my face. He embraced me into a hug and gently rubbed my back "T-There actually something I wanted to tell you." I sniffled.

"Go ahead, you can tell me anything." He lightly smiled.

"I never really talked about it with anyone else, but I actually got pregnant with Jacob's baby." I said quietly, trying not to cry again. "It was a result of the series of rapes he committed. I wanted to have an abortion when I was told that I'm pregnant but changed my mind when I had decided that I wanted to keep the baby. My innocent little baby has a monster as a father."

"I'm really sorry, Harry." He embraced me into a hug. "I didn't know you had to go through that. You're truly a strong person, I'm so proud of you."

"Th-thank you." I sniffled. He held me in his arms as I continued to cry onto his chest. Being in his arms made me feel safe again. "I-I'm so sorry for sharing too much." I said quietly, feeling ashamed of myself for oversharing.

"No, you weren't oversharing. It's okay." He reassured "I'm here to listen, you can always talk to me."

"Th-thank you so much." I said as I sniffled.

"You're welcome, that's what friends are for right?" He lightly smiled.

I lightly nodded and wiped my tears away. To be honest, I was kinda hurt when he said 'friends', but what can I do? He probably isn't even interested in dating someone who has been raped and also has a child. I just wanted to live a normal life. He gently rubbed my back until I calmed down and gave me a bottle of water.

"Th-thank you." I said quietly and took a little sip.

"You're welcome." Luke said.

"Now we can carry on with the ride to your home." He smiled and started the engine again. Soon, we arrived at my house and he pulled up at the driveway.

"Thank you so much for driving me home." I lightly smiled.

"Don't worry about it." He smiled "What time would you like me to pick you up again to continue moving?"

"Will you be free after lunch around 1:30?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'll be pick you up around that time." He said.

"See you soon. Once again, thank you for driving me home." I smiled, getting out of the car.

"You're welcome." He said.

I took my keys out of my handbag and unlocked the front door. I then went inside and locked the door again. Just like what Archie said, Betty was in my living room with Darcy, watching Bluey ok the TV.

"Hey Haz." Hailee smiled.

"Hey, thanks for watching Darce last night." I smiled.

"No problem. So, you stayed in his house last night. Did you two fuck?" Hailee asked.

"Um, no, we didn't." I blushed. "I fell asleep in his living room where we watched a movie and he brought me to his friend's room."

"Wait, your eyes are puffy. Did he fucking break your heart?" Hailee asked.

"N-No he didn't. I suddenly remembered my relationship with Jacob and cried. I told him about it and he comforted me." I said.

"Great. I swear I'm chopping off his dick if he dares break your heart." She said seriously. "You two would make a cute couple though."

"I don't know, Hails." I sighed. "I'm not ready to find love again and probably won't be for the rest of my life. I'm done with all that shit. It's just not for me."

"Maybe you're not just ready yet. But I can see it in your eyes that you have feelings for him." Hailee said.

"Okay, I'll admit it, I do have feelings for him. But I'm just scared to make a move. I don't want to fuck anything up again. I'm not ready to get hurt again. Besides, he probably isn't even interested in dating someone who has another child from someone else." I said.

"Damn, Haz, you need to change your mindset about yourself. There are literally tons of people out there who are willing to kill to be with you. You just need to find someone special and I know that it's him. I can see it in his eyes that he has feelings for you too. He would always light up whenever you walked in, it's very obvious that you have feelings for each other." Hailee said.

"I guess I'll have to wait for the universe's cue." I said.