18

✩ ✧ ✩

Yeonjun groaned and lifted his shirt to reveal a big bruise going along his stomach.

When he was at practice he had gotten slammed into the bleachers, leaving him with this bruise.

He cursed himself out for not paying attention to what was happening right in front of him. He was too busy thinking about Seojun and his mom because his dad had tried to come back home.

He stopped him from coming in while also having to stop himself from beating his dad to a pulp right in front of his mom and brother. He would never do it front of them, not ever again.

"Jesus, this is why I don't like you playing that sport." His mom said, the crease between her eyebrows appearing.

"Oh come on, you love talking about me being a the quarterback to the other moms."

She shook her head, not being able to hide her smile.

Yeonjun loved that about her.

She would scold him and say that she didn't like things but he knew that in reality she loved them and she loved that he did as well, she was very proud of Yeonjun. She bragged every chance she would get, but she knew how to tone it down.

"Alright, I'm gonna head to work, be safe and take care of the little one, okay?" She said, placing her hand on his.

"Okay." He nodded.

She smiled and pulled him down to give him a quick peck on his forehead before walking to the front door.

"Oh, and don't forget to defrost the chicken!" She shouted.

"You got it, ma!" He shouted back.

She shut the door, leaving Yeonjun to lean back in his chair and let out a deep breath.

He got up and made his way up the stairs and into Seojun's room. Seojun was fast asleep, cuddling his teddy bear. Yeonjun yawned seeing how peacefully he was sleeping.

He scooped him up into his arms and lead them to his room. He placed him onto his own bed and laid down beside him, letting him snuggle into his chest.

Their dad had never done this with Seojun, he only did it with Yeonjun when he was as small as Seojun was.

Yeonjun didn't want Seojun to grow up without affection from their dad, so he tried his best to fill in those empty spots, but there was only so much he could do as his older brother.

A loud smack made Yeonjun jump awake.

He looked behind him with a glare only to see his mother giving him a blank stare. He sat up in confusion, making Seojun stir beside him.

"Uh, what's up?" He greeted but she only let out a frustrated scream in response.

"I told you to defrost the chicken!"

His eyes widened as he checked the time.

"I'm sorry, I was so tired that I just fell asleep and forgot to set an alarm. I'll—"

She smiled and shook her head.

"It's okay, I came back to take it out during my lunch break because I knew you'd be asleep."

Yeonjun didn't realize he was holding his breath  in, so he quickly let out a relieved sigh.

"Okay, I'm still sorry."

"It's okay, love." She checked her phone, then showed it to him.

Lovely Beomgyu
hi ms choi :)
is yeonjun home?
i texted him like 10 ten times and he hasn't answered