16

✩ ✧ ✩

"No Winnie, you need to stand up for yourself. We'll be right by your side, but you need to learn how to defend yourself against people like Sunji." Beomgyu said to Winnie.

It turns out that Sunji had been making fun of Winnie over the past few months and was slowly taking it further and further until Winnie called Beomgyu bawling her eyes out when she took it too far.

"It's just—the switch up she pulled on me is crazy. I thought she was the nicest girl I had ever spoken to, but I was wrong, she was only putting on a fake face because she wanted to be in our group." Winnie said, looking down sadly.

"I know, but she doesn't deserve your friendship. Don't give her the benefit of the doubt, you need to confront her and be honest. I'll be there to help you out if you need it, okay?"

"Okay," She paused, clearly thinking hard as a grin suddenly appeared on her face. "Okay!" She exclaimed.

She felt confident now.

She let Beomgyu lead them to where he knew Sunji was at, but they were then stopped by Jayoung and Yeonjun who oddly looked like they were getting along. Beomgyu raised a brow, watching as Yeonjun gave him a smile.

"Where are you guys going?" Jayoung asked them.

"To talk to Sunji." Winnie casually said.

Yeonjun furrowed his brows when he heard this, giving Beomgyu a questioning look.

"About what?" He asked, making Winnie give him a look of hesitation.

"Um, I'm dropping her. She treats me like shit and I'm tired of it." Winnie said, making Jayoung smile proudly.

"Can I come too?!" Jayoung excitedly asked.

"If you come then you need to be quiet and let Winnie talk for herself." Beomgyu said, earning a vigorous nod from Jayoung.

"Sure whatever, you're coming too." Jayoung said as she pulled Yeonjun with them.

She then latched onto Winnie's arm and began asking her millions of questions, leaving Beomgyu to walk with Yeonjun. He looked up at the older, instantly meeting eyes and becoming nervous.

"Why're you so buddy-buddy with the girl that bites you whenever she has the chance?" He asked to feel less nervous.

Yeonjun smiled and looked ahead of them at Jayoung.

"She's your best friend, I wanna make sure I don't fuck up my relationship with her since I'm with you and we're gonna be seeing her a lot. Besides, she's not that bad."

Beomgyu smiled when he heard this.

Yeonjun always made sure that he had a good relationship with anyone Beomgyu liked because he didn't want Beomgyu to have to choose between people. It sucked being the reason someone couldn't be happy.

"Thanks for trying, I really appreciate that."

Yeonjun smiled and gave him a nod, then slung his arm over his shoulders. Beomgyu felt hesitant when Yeonjun did this, but he brushed his negative thoughts away and let the moment happen.

They soon entered the cafeteria where Sunji was sitting with a group of girls.

"Yeonjun, you should be the one to call her over here since it doesn't seem like she has anything against you." Jayoung suggested, earning a nod from him.

"Okay, I'll be back." He walked off, leaving the others to watch him intently.

He strides across the cafeteria and stopped next to Sunji, then spoke to her for a few seconds. They exchanged what seemed like normal, peaceful words, which they most likely were since Sunji was smiling like a dumbass.