11

✩ ✧ ✩

A few held back tears, chewed up pencils, and a tired brain later-the first test was over.

Beomgyu felt really worried and nervous about his score, he didn't even feel confident at the start of the test so now that it was over he was terrified.

What if this affected his chances of getting into USC?

He had music going for him, but he wanted a plan B too.

"Hey, you okay?" Yeonjun asked, snapping Beomgyu out of his thoughts. "You're shaking the table."

Beomgyu hadn't noticed that he had been shaking his leg so he immediately stopped.

"Oh, sorry."

"It's okay, I'm scared too," He said, looking down at his legs in thought. "I don't know what I'm gonna do if I don't get into any of my choices."

"You get in, don't worry." Beomgyu reassured him.

Yeonjun shrugged and pressed his tongue against his cheek, making Beomgyu internally scream.

"I applied to UCR too." He said, snapping Beomgyu out of his thoughts.

"Really?"

"Yeah, so did Soobin."

"Do the others know?"

"No, but I think it's for the best, you should all stick to your choices. You're most likely going to get into both, you're smart."

"You're smart too."

"Not your kind of smart."

This confused Beomgyu.

"What's my kind of smart?" He questioned.

"The kind of smart that has you in mostly AP and Honors classes with almost straight A's."

"And yours?"

"Mines is the kind that has me in normal classes with B's and C's. I'm not the brightest of people."

"Don't think like that, it makes me feel bad."

Yeonjun chuckled, shrugging it off like it didn't matter. He straightened himself up, like he was waiting for something.

Then the bell rang.

Oh.

"See you later." He grabbed his things and left without saying another word.

***

"I swear to god, I cannot fucking function right now." Jayoung said, practically slamming her head onto the table.

It was lunchtime, at least Beomgyu thought it was since he couldn't tell time anymore due to the math test he had taken today, numbers don't exist.

"Hey! What's wrong with you?!" Susie exclaimed.

"I'm gonna give myself a concussion so I don't have to do these tests." She said, lifting her head and attempting to slam it down onto the table, but she was quickly stopped by Taehyun.

"Calm down, tomorrow is the last day of testing. Just one more day and that's it, stop freaking out." He said, then let go of her.

She sighed, looking at the others with tired eyes.

They all looked equally tired.

Exam week before graduation in this school was said to be tough, but they didn't know just how tough it would be. These tests basically said whether or not someone would be getting into college.