30

✩ ✧ ✩

"Bro—what?" Kai questioned after Jayoung had said something weird.

"Here's a thought: why don't you try shutting the fuck up for a second?" Taehyun suggested, earning a nod of agreement from Jayoung.

Beomgyu gave Jayoung a look of suspicion when she agreed with Taehyun's question. Why would she agree to shutting the fuck up for his sake? He met eyes with Taehyun who also looked suspicious but more worried if anything.

This was weird.

"Thank you, now—"

"SECOND'S OVER BITCH!" She shouted to cut Taehyun off, making him sigh disappointingly.

"Jayoung!" Soobin's grandma scolded Jayoung.

"Oops, sorry Nana." She sheepishly said as she rubbed the back of her neck.

"No cursing, that's a rule."

"Yes, please try to watch your stank booty mouth." Soobin chimed in, making Jayoung huff.

"Fineeee." She groaned out.

"Come help me out dear." Nana said to Soobin.

Beomgyu looked to the street when he heard the familiar revving of Yeonjun's engine.

"Finally, I need my jacket back from him." Kai said as they watched Yeonjun walk up to them with Seojun beside him.

"Hi." Seojun chimed, running to sit with them.

Yeonjun tossed Kai his jacket and sat beside Beomgyu. He looked relieved to see Seojun so happy and excited right now, which made Beomgyu feel uneasy. There was probably something going on at home.

But then again, it seemed like there always was.

"You okay?" Beomgyu whispered to him.

Yeonjun looked at him, his eyes going soft when their gazes met, then nodded.

"Are you sure?" Beomgyu asked again.

"Yes, do I not look sure?"

"No, you look like I'm-not-gonna-be-annoying-today-cause-something-is-bothering-me sure."

Yeonjun pursed his lips and tilted his head in thought.

"Uh—thanks?" He said as Beomgyu frowned.

"You can talk to me, remember?"

"I know, you're my person. I'll tell you later."

Beomgyu nodded and turned his attention back to the others.

"I'm so full," Jayoung groaned as she slumped against Susie. "Food baby." She said while patting her belly, making the others laugh.

"Speaking of babies, we gotta go." Yeonjun pointed to Seojun, earning a glare from him.

"I'm not a baby!" Seojun exclaimed, but Yeonjun only made faces at him before speaking.

"I'M nOt A bAbY." He mocked.

"Stop bugging him." Beomgyu scolded as he smacked Yeonjun on the back of his head.

"Ow." He emphasized, making Beomgyu shrug.

"We're gonna leave too, I have to take somebody home." Taehyun said, playfully nudging Winnie with his elbow.

She scoffed and flipped him off, earning an impressed nod from him.

"Good one, I forgot about that." He said, confusing Kai who just came out of daydream.

"Why's that a good one?" Kai asked.