23

tw: mentions of eating disorders.

                                       ✩ ✧ ✩

Time was passing by so quick.

They would be graduating in less than 2 months.

"God, I can't wait to be done with school." Kai said as he tiredly sat down.

"Me too, football season is finally ending. I won't have to get yelled at by Trey anymore." Yeonjun said, leaning back in his chair.

"You're always complaining." Kai said as a smug grin filled his face.

"Oh yeah, that's rich coming from the Complain-inator 4000." Jayoung said, making Kai scoff.

"Shut up, you're the Complain-inator 5000."

Jayoung made faces at Kai, he did the same.

"Am I sitting with kids or what?" Winnie asked as she smacked them both.

"You're exactly 5 feet, who's a kid?" Jayoung shot back.

The vein in Winnie's forehead damn near popped, she looked like she was about to have an exorcism. Jayoung nervously laughed as she put spaced between them, scooting closer to Beomgyu.

Soobin walked up to the bleachers and yanked Yeonjun off of them.

"We have a game on Friday, we need your punk ass to hurry and lead." Soobin said through gritted teeth.

Yeonjun groaned loudly as he was dragged down the bleachers.

"Isn't this their 3rd to last game?" Kai asked.

"I don't know, but he's glad the season is ending so probably." Taehyun said.

"Is he gonna do football in college too?" Kai asked Beomgyu.

"Yeah, he wants to be a professional." Beomgyu replied.

"That's cool."

"Yeah, I gotta go." Beomgyu said as he got up.

"See you later."

Beomgyu nodded and headed down the bleachers. He walked through the parking lot to where his mom was waiting for him. He felt a sense of dread as he walked up to the car, like he had all his life.

"You ready?" She asked him with a half smile.

"Yeah."

***

"You seem to be at the average weight for someone your age and height, everything's all good." The doctor said as she put her clipboard down.

Beomgyu furrowed his brows, feeling unsure when he heard the doctors words. He didn't believe it—he couldn't believe it to the point he was even doubting it now, but he did it. He beat the eating disorder that held him hostage for half his life.

He did it.

"Good job, you've been doing so good lately." His mom said as she rubbed his arm gently.

He smiled at her, but it wasn't his usual smile.

She looked back at the doctor who began talking, but he spaced out. He wanted to eat, he just hated that he felt like he couldn't, that he'd gain weight with just a single bite.

Beomgyu had an eating disorder.

Only Jayoung and Yeonjun knew about it, but nobody else did. He was afraid that if more people knew, the easier it would get revealed and start rumors.

"So, therapy is still a must?" His mom asked, catching Beomgyu's attention.

"Yes, but that's ultimately up to his therapist to decide whether or not he's good to stop."