13

✩ ✧ ✩

Beomgyu was sitting on his bed in thought, biting his lip nervously.

11:02 AM

"Yeonjun still likes me, but do I?" He muttered to himself.

He felt his heart begin racing, his answer being right in front of him, but his thoughts overcrowded his feelings, muffling what he truly felt and allowing his mind give him the illusion of a different feeling.

A wrong feeling.

I don't like him, we're just friends. I need to focus on me, not him or anyone else.

Idiot.

He got up and went downstairs but froze when he saw Yeonjun's mom in the kitchen.

"Hi, Beomgyu." She greeted.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He asked her.

"Not so good, a lot of things have happened to me and my sons lately. I thought Yeonjun would have told you." She said, confusing Beomgyu who shook his head.

"He didn't tell me anything, what happened?" He asked.

"His idiot father decided to come home drunk after screwing another woman and began ranting and raging about how I'm a cheater when he's the unfaithful one. He didn't like my responses and completely trashed the whole first floor of my home, including Yeonjun's room." She said, shocking Beomgyu.

He knew Yeonjun's dad wasn't a good person, but not to this extent.

"Wow, that's horrible, I'm so sorry that happened to you guys." He said, placing his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

She smiled and shook her head.

"It's okay, we're finally getting divorced so I won't be dealing with him anymore."

"That's good."

"Yeah, he didn't like you."

Beomgyu knew this, he just didn't know why.

"How come?"

"Well, you're a boy and you were dating my son, he said a lot of things about you when you weren't there."

Beomgyu frowned upon hearing this.

"Oh."

"But don't worry, Yeonjun defended you every single time." She reassured him.

What she didn't know was that every time anyone even mentioned Yeonjun, Beomgyu felt butterflies form in his stomach. He quickly looked away, biting his lip as he thought about Yeonjun.

Beomgyu's mom walked in right after with her phone in her hands.

"Finally up?" She teased.

"Good morning to you too, mom." Beomgyu said as she ruffled his hair.

"Your brother called, if you had been awake you could've said hi."

"Oh, I'll just text him, he's probably busy anyways."

"Of course he is, he's a surgical resident." She said, making Beomgyu roll his eyes playfully.

"Where's Yeonjun?" Beomgyu asked.

"I sent him and Seojun to the park, you should go join them, they took Fuzzy." Yeonjun's mom replied.

"Okay, we'll be back here in a bit then." Beomgyu said as he grabbed his hoodie.

"Be safe!" His mom shouted.

"I will!"

***

"You stalking me?" Yeonjun asked when Beomgyu sat beside him on the bench he was watching Seojun from.