Chapter- 4: Meeting the Metang

A good battler doesn't care for a 'fair fight ', because the world isn't fair. He takes all advantages he gets. One must always look for advantages in the surroundings, the Pokémon's physical attributes and even in the mental skill of the trainer.
"Absol, begin this with a Night Slash and then get directly to Metal Claw. Bagon, use Iron Head as a defense against Deino's attacks. "
Ash Ketchum, under the name of Red, had swept the Pewter City Gym through sheer skill and ability to think on- spot. He was now looking for a rare Pokémon on Mount Moon. He knew he might find a wild Steelix if he was lucky.
Meanwhile, he had been training. His attention, however, was elsewhere. A black uniform. With a red R engraved on it: Team Rocket. The killers of his mother.
"Jake, just keep your mouth shut. You've got whereabouts of the Hive. Now, in fifteen minutes, we move in. They'll be ours."
"Stupid map! Everything's OK. But, the Hive isn't going right, it's on the left. Turn left!"
Ash followed the two terrorists slowly. They walked back into one of the caves, and Ash's instincts screamed at him to follow them. He tiptoed across the cave.
He almost gasped. Guarded by some forty or so men, was a Hive. Not just any Hive, a Pseudo- Legendary Hive. The Psychic/ Steel- Type Beldum, Metang and Metagross, led by a shiny Metagross, resided in a secret colony in Mount Moon.
He'd have attacked, but he held his guns.
When a teenage grunt, Oly, came around the corner... he grabbed the fellow and put his clothes on.
"So... Oly, anyone out dere?" asked the grunt from before.
"Nah, Jake. But we're ready for them if they come back."
"Derrick Stone isn't some random guy. He's a veteran Champion. That's why the Boss sent Executive Petrel. Tyson!"
Tyson, another grunt, left to complete the rounds.
Just after that, Executive Petrel arrived... shortly after, he was nailed by a Night Slash attack to the chest, putting him into a life- threatening condition.
Then, Hell broke lose.
______________________________________

"You saved our colony, Trainer Ketchum. " Metagross spoke in his mind. "We don't know what we would've done if you didn't attack the Executive first. "
"Thank you, Metagross-" Ash stopped suddenly, "Wait, how did you know my name wasn't Red?"
"We know more than you can imagine. And therefore, I'm of the firm belief that you're one of the Prospective trainers we're looking for, to train one individual of our kind." Metagross then turned to his fellow brenthen. "Which of you would like the challenge?"
Pandemonium reigned before a shiny Metang stepped forth. Ash sent out Bagon.
Metang began to use Psychic.
"Bagon, use Dragon Dance and then dodge... then keep using Dragon Dance..." Ash commanded.
It was better to keep Bagon on a strength increase while he sought a strategic manoeuvre.
Metang continued the usage of Psychic before firing off a Steel Beam. Then he switched to a barrage of Gyro Balls.
The little Dragon- Type jumped around as the Beam of silver light brought rocks from the cave down on Bagon. Then the barrage struck. Metang lifted up rocks with Psychic before preparing to bring them down.
"Dragon Breath, now...! Then a full- on offense with Iron Head and Skull Bash." The green light, superpowered to perfection, blasted every rock to pieces without much effort.
Metang was forced to use Iron Defense. All five moves he knew were disclosed.
Now... Bagon struck.
To the shock of every Beldum, Metang and Metagross in the vicinity. Metang fired another barrage of Gyro Balls.
"Use Iron Head to deflect them all!"
That worked! Bagon was employing 'An offensive Defense, ' So to say, and strike back. Metang was unprepared for his plan to backfire and ended up being hit in his own face. Then a succession of Iron Heads slammed into him, causing him to much damage.
He employed his Iron Defense again.
"Bagon, a full- on Dragon Rage..."
Metang employed Steel Beam and then the explosion threw both Pokémon back. Metang, quickly taking advantage of the added damage to Bagon, began to charge forward with an Iron Head to finish him off.
"Skull Bash!"
The look on Metang's face was priceless.
Taking advantage of the situation, Ash yelled: "Close quarters... Dragon Breath!"
The streams of green flame caused a powerful explosion. Metang collapsed, unconscious. Bagon wasn't much better.
Ash threw a Pokéball, capturing the offending Metang.
Then... he scanned his moves.

Metang, the Iron Claw Pokémon.
Type: Psychic/ Steel.
Gender: Male.
Ability: Psychokinetic Powers.
Class: SS+.
Status: Pseudo- Legendary.
Moves: Iron Head, Iron Defense, Psychic, Steel Beam, Gyro Ball, Body Slam, Metal Claw.
Item(s): None.

"I promise to make him powerful, Metagross. "
"Power is but a state of mind, Trainer Ketchum. "
Then the two heard a voice.
"What the heck is going on here!"
______________________________________

(A/N: 1. This is probably the last Pseudo- Legendary Ash has. Ash and trainers of his level and above will be on a whole new level this time.
2. No, no spoilers on who the man is. You'll find out.
3. Ash didn't defeat Team Rocket by himself. You'll find out. )