Chapter- 32: The Phenomenon of Sweeping

"Go, Rhyperior. Teach them a lesson."
"It's war, Charizard. "
Giovanni gaped at the size of the monster standing before him. His Gym Team would collapse in seconds.
"Rhyperior, use Stone Edge!"
"Use Metal Claw and Steel Wing! On the rocks!"
Charizard slaughtered the rocks as rock after rock sped towards him. Then Rhyperior continued sending rocks.
"Now, vaporize him! Charge a Hyper Beam!"
Rhyperior charged up a Hyper Beam.
"Fire Blast!"
"Hyper Beam on the wings!"
Rhyperior dodged and the colossal orange beam flew at Charizard.
"Use Steel Wing on it after Supersonic!"
Charizard quickly exerted a lot of effort in disrupting the beam with his sound waves, before following up with a shield of wings that blocked the remnants of the Attack.
"Charizard, now! Submission!"
Giovanni gaped at the brutal way in which Rhyperior was finished.
"Oh, fine. Golem, show him what power means!"
"Charizard..." Charizard looked at Ash, then following Ash's movement at the sunrays, "Blaze!"
And Charizard activated Blaze, leaving Giovanni horrified.
"Golem, Rollout, now!"
Golem began to roll towards Charizard.
"Charizard, Supersonic on the ground!"
Charizard created a hole on the ground with Supersonic, into which Golem rolled.
"Golem, Now!"
Golem shot out with the Force of a cannon. He struck Charizard so hard that the Pokémon was actually sent flying.
"Charizard, use Flamethrower indiscriminately on the battlefield!"
"What?!"
Golem was trying desperately to avoid the jets of fire that flew at him constantly.
"Blast Burn! Heat up the ground!"
"WHAT?!"
Giovanni's face was full of shock and horror as the entire ground heated up from the blue tendrils of flame. It was like a prelude to a powerful nuclear explosion. Golem was running around like a headless chicken.
"Finish him! Blast Burn again!"
This time, Golem was in no way conscious. Giovanni sighed in despair, recalling Golem.
"NO! Fine, Ash. This is good. Steelix, get ready for a tough battle!"
Ash looked at the humongous Steelix, instantly realizing that despite the Type Advantage, the Battle was going to be difficult.
"Charizard, use Flamethrower now!"
"Steelix, dodge and use Hyper Beam!"
Why the hell was Giovanni using Hyper Beam so fast?
"Dodge and use Steel Wing, now!"
Giovanni, as Steelix was recovering and Charizard advancing, raised a stone with a DNA symbol engraved on it.
"Keystone, respond to my heart! Steelix, evolution beyond evolution, Mega Evolve!"
Steelix was engulfed in a strange reddish- white light unseen by Ash before. Pieces of metallic rocks were orbiting Steelix as he grew significantly larger.
For the first time, Ash Ketchum felt fear.
"Steelix, show them your capabilities! Rock Tomb!"
"Charizard... use Steel Wing!"
Despite the Steel Wing, and many more, Charizard soon found himself... unable to get out of the rocky prison that had been concocted.
"Steelix, Hyper Beam! Finish this!"
Ash laughed as he found a new- found confidence.
"You think you can finish off Blaze Charizard in this manner? Charizard, Heat Wave combined with Blast Burn!"
First off, Charizard, with a boost from Blaze, had the stamina for such an Attack. Blast Burn had the raw power to melt rocks, and Heat Wave could distribute it across the rock prison. The sudden explosion of power absorbed the Hyper Beam and sent Steelix flying through the wall, leaving a gaping hole behind.
"You little-!"
"Charizard, end this, Seismic Toss!"
But just as Charizard vanished into the air with Steelix... Giovanni's face broke out into a smile.
"You've been a worthy opponent, but today, Victory is mine. That's the end, Ash Ketchum, checkmate."
"What d'ya mean?"
"Explosion. "
An explosion from a Steelix was just colossally destructive. That from a Mega Steelix it was catastrophically devastating.
Cynthia frowned as Giovanni used the cheat code.
______________________________________

(A/N: 1. Giovanni didn't use his Elite Four Team. He used his Gym Leader Team.
2. Cynthia still exists, so you might kindly know. )