Chapter- 7: Flames of Victory

Charmander, the Lizard Pokémon.
Type: Fire/ Dragon.
Gender: Male.
Ability: Blaze.
Class: A+.
Status: Rare Starter.
Moves: Dragon Rage, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Rush, Flamethrower, Slash, Tackle.
Item(s): None.

Riolu, the Emanation Pokémon.
Type: Fighting/ Steel.
Gender: Male.
Ability: Inner Focus.
Class: S+.
Status: Rare.
Moves: Focus Blast, Close Combat, Blaze Kick.
Item(s): None.

How did Ash come to be in possession of such a Rare Pokémon pair? Besides, he was sure that Charmander evolutionary line were Fire/ Flying- Type. How the hell could Riolu turn up in a river?
______________________________________

"Mew... has the baby been delivered to the Chosen One?"
"Even though he doesn't know, yes. He's going to believe that the Pokémon has been abandoned. Can I join him now?"
"NO. The time will come. Let him get three or four years of experience, bring himself to the level. "
"Aw... I wanna play with him... He's so kind to Pokémon..."
"Has he picked up the Charmander? I mean, I went through all the trouble, even influencing that bastard Damian to leave him behind. Damian abuses Pokémon, but can't leave them like that. I broke that last bit of sanity. Put all his Pokémon in that risk. All to make the Chosen One powerful. For the Greater Good. "
And then Arceus smiled.
______________________________________

"Charmander, get off the bloody rock, you'll die."
"Char..."
Enough of this. Charmander had been out in the rain, and he got Metang to knock him out. He wouldn't have survived if he hadn't saved him.
*Flashback *
"So, Damian, Where's the Charmander you left behind right now?"
"Oh, it's wagging its tail on a Rock. It's still there, I'm betting, and soon it's gonna be dead! Good riddance, isn't it... hahaha!"
Ash couldn't control his anger. For the first time he'd left, the monster awoke. The boy was carried out on a stretcher by Officer Jenny, while Charmander had to be fetched.
Damian was to be detained in a hospital. His jaw had been dislodged, several teeth knocked out, an eye permanently destroyed, ribs broken along with all his limbs. Knowing the circumstances, Officer Jenny let him off the one time.
*Flashback end*
Ash rushed Charmander to the emergency ward. The ICU was a difficult place. Charmander wasn't very happy there.
______________________________________

"So, you wanna come with me, Charmander?"
"Char!"
He had a challenge of making Charmander accept what his trainer had done. The poor Pokémon had owed loyalty to Damian and his team. This sudden stab in the back wasn't easy to accept. After all, he didn't have any idea how bad Damian really was.
Ash patted Charmander in the back and captured him. After four hours of 'discussions ', Charmander finally realized what had happened.
His trainer had left him for dead. Why? Just why?
Wasn't he worthy of the power?
Wasn't he worthy of training?
Why was this trainer so accepting of him? Didn't he know he was a freak?
Silently, he nodded.
And Ash vowed to use him against Lieutenant Surge.
______________________________________

(A/N: 1. Riolu has a significance. Ash will have Aura (not now).
2. Arceus is, in fact, meddling with Ash's life, true. He manipulated events that led to Ash getting Charmander and Riolu.
3. Legendaries, Ash will get. But not now... definitely no Mew now. Sorry.
4. The next chapter will deal with Bill's lighthouse. )