Chapter- 13: The Tournament Begins

"Welcome... to the first tournament abroad the SS Anne. Give it up for the 32 participants who defeated the Shocking LIEUTENANT SURGE to get aboard! The judges in the contest will be: From Kanto, Ice- Type Specialist Elite Lorelei; From Johto, Dark- Type Elite Karen; From Hoenn, the Dragon- Type Specialist Elite Drake; From Sinnoh, newly crowned Champion Cynthia Shirona... and finally, the judge who represents our kind sponsors: Hoenn Champion Steven Stone, Deputy CEO of Devon Corporation!"
So this was Giovanni Sakaki... and he knew how to get a crowd excited. The most powerful Gym Leader of Kanto... and the political face of the Gym Leaders. Once, along with Blaine, Surge and Agatha, he had been part of the Elite Four. Samuel Oak had been the Champion then. Lance Wataru was, after all, of the Johto stock. Professor Oak, Giovanni and others had been of the true Kanto stock. There was a reason they were still worshipped like Gods.
______________________________________

"Note how the kid with the Shelgon and that completely... different Charmander is doing?" Drake Genji, top- level Elite Four of the old school... was surprised. He made a bet on Harrison, their own man, winning it all, along with Steven. Lorelei and Karen backed the son of Giovanni, Silver, of the Indigo Plateau. Cynthia backed her own Representative From Sinnoh, Paul.
Looks like they were all going to lose their bets. The new trainer, Red, was destroying entire teams with two Pokémon.
"Yes... I see. The Venipede, Palpitoad and Unfezant... he just crushed them. How did a Charmander grab a Steel Wing and intercept a Hyper Beam meant for him? I'm thinking Harrison isn't gonna win." Lorelei cooed: "Plus, he looks so hot..."
"Ah... actually... Harrison has another year of experience..." Steven Stone interrupted.
"He looks good! That... that's a figure. I've got to learn his deepest secrets..." Karen purred. "The deepest, Darkest..."
"Shut up, Steven. " Lorelei coldly, no pun intended, snubbed him.
"Did you see the face?" Karen purred again.
"And those eyes!" Lorelei joined it.
"And the Cold, calculating Battling style... and the rich voice... so sexy..." Cynthia put in her two cents.
"I've tried to pursue them for YEARS. " Steven vented to Drake, "And he steals my crown?!"
Drake looked at him sympathetically: "Anyway... By the way, he does belong to the old- school Battling style. I'm sure that the Battle between him and Surge was brilliant, I'll ask him. Also, I must ask if he has other Dragon- Type Pokémon on his team. Did Sam sponsor him or what... wait..."
Steven officially cursed his life as Drake and the girls handed over the magical ten points each to Red as he crushed a Ninjask.
______________________________________

"Elekid, standby for battle!"
"Absol, it's war!"
Ash and Paul were facing each other again.
"Elekid, use Brick Break then Thunder Punch! "
"Absol, Mega Horn!"
Drake shouted: "And Absol wipes Elekid... there's to the power of Red's Pokémon..."
"A Dark- Type. Orgasmic..." Karen moaned, drooling.
"He looks so good when sweaty..." Cynthia added.
Steven was at least relieved that they were refraining from saying all this on microphones.
Paul gasped. His Pokémon had been taken for a fool. Absol could use Fake Out. And when Elekid used Throat Chop, Absol's Ability turned out to be Justified. Ash fooled Paul into thinking that Absol was merely biding his time.
Absol was biding his time. But not in the way Paul guessed.
Elekid collapsed. Just like the previous match, where he chose Magmar against Lairon with a Type Advantage, only to find out that the Ability in question was Filter.
"Elekid is unable to battle! Absol wins! The victor is Red from Hell!" Steven announced.
People noted, most notably Derrick Stone, that all the female judges had mostly spent time whispering among themselves.
"The semi- finals will be between Red and Harrison from Littleroot Town in Hoenn. The second match will be between Silver Sakaki of Viridian City at Kanto... and..."
_____________________________________

(A/N: 1. There! Girls drooling over Ash.
2. Harrison and Blazikein are comin'! Be prepared!
3. I refused to do the Ash vs Paul battle because it should waste chapters. Ash vs Paul will be held. Worry not. Keep reading.)