Chapter- 12: The New Rival

"Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic. "
Paul Shinji loved crushing Pathetic rookie Trainers. It was basically his hobby.
As of now, he wasn't happy at all. He'd got a Pathetic, weak Pokémon to get away with. But he couldn't, in any conscience, abandon It. He wasn't that heartless.
The Pokémon was really rare. It was a Chimchar, the Sinnoh Fire/ Fighting- Type Starter. This Chimchar wasn't exactly expected to be so weak. And yet, it was. He battled 25 Trainers simply to get rid of the Pokémon. Each one was equally weak. He kept winning.
There weren't many days he was annoyed when he won, after all.
At least There was money.
He knew people would ask him why he came to Kanto. But after Reggie lost to Brandon... he felt it should be justice. To get stronger, and to avenge the defeat.
Which meant winning the League, going head- on against the Elite Four, and destroying Lance Wataru, Champion of Indigo. Because Lance and Brandon were equals.
A trainer his age, a Charmander at his side (what the heck was that Charmander anyway... Black and all?) and an Absol, appeared at the dock.
His Pokémon looked strong: maybe he could beat Paul. Chimchar would be off his hands then.
______________________________________

"Take the Pokémon, then. I bet him, it's only fair... Anyway, that's one of the weakest Pokémon I knew. "
Chimchar looked distraught. Ash was shocked when Paul battled Riolu with an injured Chimchar. Unlike Damian, Paul wasn't inclined to abandon Pokémon.
But he wasn't the bonding kind. That was quite clear. He didn't encourage his Pokémon.
"Chimchar... would you like to come with me? I'll make you the strongest on the planet. "
Chimchar was only too happy to cling to Ash, a Testament to how unpopular Paul was.

Chimchar, the Chimp Pokémon.
Type: Fire/ Fighting.
Gender: Male.
Ability: Blaze.
Class: A+.
Status: Rare Starter.
Moves: Flamethrower, Slash, Bide, Close Combat.

That was brilliant. Paul just handed Ash another component of a strong team on a silver platter.
That cretin would pay for that.
______________________________________

"Lance, it's an example of inter- regional cooperation. Not only that, we're also... and by we I mean Silph Co and Devon Co, are boosting our previously frosty relations. I'm on the ship, so is my Uncle, Admiral Drake Genji... and our new Sinnoh Champion, Cynthia Shirona, is coming too. "
"I told ya already... I'm not coming. Gym Leaders Surge and Giovanni Sakaki, Elite Four members Lorelei and Karen Lee, and ACE Trainer Silver are joining up. Not to mention... there's gonna be Trainers capable of beating Surge on board. If there's any attack, I'm sure the whole lot can handle it. In case, I'll add Gym Leaders Falkner and Chuck on board... they're free. Anything else? I Don't have time to waste, ya know. "
Steven grit his teeth. When Lance and spoke, he spoke. It was law. Plain and Simple. Lance lacked time to come personally, or send a force of G- men on board, because there were other members of Team Rocket involved in other areas of the combined Indigo Plateau and Unova. Their foothold was also dominant in the Orange Islands and Alola... and even in Hoenn and Sinnoh, they were strong. Only at Kalos (even then there were signs of strength) and Galar, were they weaker. Team Aqua and Magma were also active in four regions. Team Galactic, a virtual superpower in Sinnoh and Unova, was also showing signs of infiltrating Indigo. They could also be planning an invasion of the regions. Team Plasma and Flare were growing strong in their respective regions. And therefore, it was well- understood that Lance had no time or resources to devote to this... tomfoolery.
______________________________________

(A/N: 1. I know what you're thinking. Infernape! Yes, he's coming!
2. Cynthia, Lorelei and Karen. I ah... know. )