Chapter- 5: The Return of the Champion

"What the hell is going on here!"
It was an old, white- haired man with blue eyes. Despite his age, he walked upright, and was dressed in a dark suit. He walked up to Metagross, who looked overjoyed.
"Who are you?" Asked Ash.
"This, Trainer Ketchum, is my Trainer. He released me into the colony sometime ago, but I'm still his go- to Pokémon. He's a well- known figure in your world, I believe, Ex- Champion Derrick Stone. "
Derrick Stone! Ash was shocked. Former Champion of Hoenn, the ultimate authority of Metagross and the real power behind Devon Corporation. That meant it was the devastating Metagross who used to be an undefeated metal monster on the field.
But why, then, had Metagross been released?
"It's because I'll be bumped off soon. " Derrick interrupted suddenly. "Metagross live for centuries in natural circumstances. I won't be around afterwards... better make contingency plans before my death. It could come potentially any day, now that I'm 83."
Ash contemplated the situation.
"I sense within you extreme sadness and sympathy. Quite disconcerting. We'll take you to Cerulean City. It's a beautiful place... we can... cheer up, maybe?"
______________________________________

"This wasn't what I intended!" Metagross mentally screamed, as they fled from a pack of above- average and angry Steelix, with Metagross carrying Ash and Derrick.
"You can TELEPORT, idiot!" Shouted Derrick, reminding Metagross that he could.
"Right!" Metagross Shouted back, as they vanished.
How did they get into such a position? Well, Metagross' rather hasty decision to launch a Hyper Beam in celebration at this day's events may have generated a large enough Shockwave.
Enough to anger a group of above- average and ferocious, powerful Steelix and Onix. Which was hardly a good decision.
And therefore, the Champion and his ace were forced to flee Mount Moon with a new trainer.
______________________________________

"Anyway, what's a young trainer... with barely two weeks of experience, doing in Mount Moon?"
"I've been looking for wild, rare and powerful Pokémon to capture.  I expected a Steelix, but this... is several times more invaluable. "
"True. A Metang is worth six Steelix. " Derrick interrupted. "But not because of power, but because of versatility. Despite having a Type Advantage, a Steelix will lose every single time to a Metang with equal power, skill and training. The moveset will definitely differ in that case." He rose from his seat. "Well, good day, Red. You've been a nice guy to talk to, but I'm afraid I've got really important matters to deal with. I'm sure we'll meet again, and as a trainer, you'll definitely go far in life. "
Derrick's words left a great impact on Ash. He would work for his goal.
______________________________________

"You good- for- nothing loafer! How dare you leave us all in this shameful manner! How dare you! This is why you were so familiar to me. Luckily, Red told me you looked familiar. Otherwise... I should be stuck in the bloody gym my whole life!"
"Aah! Brock, I can..."
"NO! I'm tired of explanations. Now, you're gonna go up and get scolded by the other eleven. Then, you'll write down what I tell you. You'll learn to take care of the eleven. "
Poor Flint Harrison, dragged by the ear... was taken into the gym by his son.
______________________________________

(A/N: 1. Derrick Stone is the old man, yep. You'll soon find out why he's involved.
2. Ash will now go for the Cerulean City Gym Leader.
3. Some comedy has to be there, right? That’s why Steelix and Flint Harrison. I want comedy to be anything other than Ash being stupid and Team Rocket being blown away.)