Chapter- 29: Legendary Fight

The pink Aerodactyl was just about to screech at Ash when the volcano burst open.
Heatran, the Legendary Lava Dome Pokémon, let out a dangerous cry as he charged towards Ash.
"Charmeleon, it's war!" Ash threw out the first Pokémon that came to mind.
Charmeleon was Ash's strongest Pokémon other than Zweilous, even in his unevolved form. Add that to the Type Advantage and the Advantage gained by the genetic mutation.
"Charmeleon... use Dragon Dance!"
Heatran used Eruption.
"Charmeleon, use Extreme Speed combined with Metal Claw on the flaming rocks!"
Charmeleon liquidated the rocks. One by one... they were destroyed. Cut down to size. With an extreme amount of speed, Charmeleon avoided and sliced through the rocks. Burning fragments went flying everywhere. Both Pokémon were hurt by the fragments, but some of the molten rocks hit Charmeleon.
Aerodactyl watched in terrified fascination as the Trainer actually took on a Legendary Pokémon. He knew there was a certain amount of potential no wild Pokémon could cross without a bond with a Trainer. Maybe this was the one?
"Take the Heat Wave, then set yourself on fire before launching an Inferno!"
Setting himself on fire, the Fire/ Dragon- Type Pokémon launched a series of boosted Attacks that were super- effective against the Fire/ Steel- Type Legendary.
Heatran paused, and then launched a Magma Storm- at the Aerodactyl.
Aerodactyl screeched in terror. Ash decided that its life was more than his. He jumped in front of Aerodactyl.
Charmeleon decided that his Trainer had to be saved at all costs.
An Overheat turned into a blood- red Blast Burn as Charmeleon was engulfed by a blue light. The figure grew larger, the flames turned blue, and wings sprouted.
Charizard was born.
Charizard let out a blood- curdling roar that made even Heatran freeze. The explosion hurt both Pokémon, but Heatran looked grievously injured and frightened for the first time in the first time.
Charizard charged himself with Dragon Dance.
Heatran sent out a Heat Wave, which Charizard absorbed with another Dragon Dance.
Then he glowed blue as the sunrays fell on him. Blaze had activated.
A terrified Heatran sent out an Eruption. Charizard winced but took less damage, much less.
Then he attacked.
Notwithstanding the fact that Draco Meteor and Outrage were Dragon- Type moves that individually drained a lot of energy to the point that a Pokémon needed time to move, Charizard performed them both in an incredibly short span of time. Also, he charged forward with Draco Meteor and survived both blasts at close quarters. Then he moved into full- on Attack formation, easily surviving the recoil. And one thing was clear, he was using Blaze to augment his Dragon- Type Attacks.
It was beautiful and terrifying at the same time.
After a final offense, Charizard threw Heatran into the volcano as Heatran charged up a Magma Storm. The volcano exploded.
The Aerodactyl looked at Ash in reverence before coming up and catching himself in Ash's Pokéball. Any Trainer who risked his life for his Pokémon was alright in his book.
Ash heard a scream behind him.
"Did you just catch a shiny Fossil Pokémon?! Did it just catch itself for you just now?!"
"Yes. "
"Did you destroy my Gym?"
"Why, Yes. "
_____________________________________

(A/N: 1. Aerodactyl was saved by Ash. Obviously, Aerodactyl is grateful for that.
2. Blaine's Gym is destroyed. Heatran is a weaker Legendary. Heatran actually acts more like a Pseudo- Legendary than a real one. )