Chapter- 50: Johto Journey

I assume Team Rocket chose to conserve their Forces rather than sit around and wait for certain defeat. A strategic retreat is a victory if played correctly. Even the beginning of the war taught me a few lessons in Pokémon Battling. Never be afraid to withdraw your Pokémon, rest and refresh them. Ego is extremely lethal for the self.
Ash finished his final entry for the year as he looked back at the bed beside him. Cynthia was still lying under the sheets asleep, a contented smile on her face. Katie had gone back to Hoenn and therefore was unavailable last night, although Astrid was up and in the shower.
Shifting his thoughts away from the very wonderful night, Ash thought of his plans for the future. He was going to Johto and challenging the League there.
Challenging Lance Wataru directly on his home turf was a most interesting proposition.
He also needed to enlarge his Team and make his current Pokémon stronger.
Most importantly, he needed to combat the threat of Mewtwo and Team Rocket combined with Giratina as the icing on top. He might need to get a gun or something like that.
Steven was still yet to recover from his amnesia. With him forgetting the incident and a dead Fuji, the research he had completed was currently under the banner of Professor Oak and Bill Montgomery. Devon and Silph were still in a partnership as part of their Empire- building.
He also suspected that Seymour the Scientist had sent critical information regarding his research to Team Galactic. Not that he could prove it at this stage.
Alder's death had created shockwaves across the region. Hilbert Black had been crowned the Unova Champion, but it seemed that Team Rocket had moved in permanently, and Team Plasma had entrenched itself further.
Now, all this was something he must keep in mind while going to Unova.
Team Rocket was gaining more and more power.
Ash Ketchum would set out again, because Gary Oak was already in Johto. He knew he was leagues ahead of Gary, but after all, he had to formally settle the scores.
He pulled out his half of the broken Pokéball and gazed at it.
After Astrid and Cynthia enjoyed another round with him, they dressed and departed, after making him promise to meet again.
Even Silver had departed, and he was going on a trip with his father, Giovanni.
Professor Oak was watching Television. Ash watched Lance give them a vague announcement about Team Rocket.
The sun was at a bright point in the sky. It was, after all, ten in the morning now.
Ash Ketchum walked to the door and exited the house. He then summoned his mighty Charizard from a Pokéball.
Mounting his Charizard, he flew into the horizon.
_____________________________________

(A/N: 1. And thus it ends... this is how things stand for now. I shall, of course, notify you when I feel that I can write a sequel. I noticed that this has been, to date, my most successful story. Thank you, readers, for your views and votes!
2. After this, I shall be shifting my attention to Star Wars (again). I shall begin shortly, within seven days or so.)

                      THE END