Chapter- 6: The Challenger Rocks

"What I mean is, you shouldn't be handing out Gym Badges like popcorn. "
"Well, that's what you want, isn't it. "
"NO, I don't, actually... you've crossed a limit. And that's a nerve. If you don't battle and continue handing out Badges, I'll have to report this Gym. "
"Wait! Don't report the Gym!"
It was a redhead younger than the three 'Sensational Sisters, ' anyway. She looked furious at them. Ash was surprised She hadn't struck the Sisters down. "Now... Violet, Lily and particularly... Daisy. What the FUCK IS GOING ON HERE?!"
The Sisters deflated, like they wouldn't really face the girl's wrath.
"YOU FUCKED IDIOTS!" shrieked the girl. "What possessed YOU to do such a stupid thing?!"
______________________________________

"Misty calls out Tentacool!"
"It's war, Metang!"
Misty looked dumbfounded at the Pseudo- Legendary Pokémon floating before her. You didn't get to see a Metang every day, did you?
"Tentacool! Show them what we're capable of! Water Pulse!"
"Block that with Psychic!"
Metang easily blocked the attack, almost casually. He was sure to win.
"Ice Beam, then Power Gem!"
"Aim for the gems, Metang, straight up Hydro Pump... then launch a straight offense." Sure enough, Metang dodged the attacks and barely missed Tentacool, and launched an offense.
"NO! Tentacool, stop him! Hyper Beam!"
Ash's eyes widened. Tentacool knew Hyper Beam? Formidable. As far as he knew, only Bagon was capable of Thunder Punch.
"Metang, take the shot, use Iron Defense and charge with it, fast!"
The Iron Claw Pokémon quickly erected a beautiful defense, but was being pushed back. "Combine Iron Head!"
"What?!"
She was promptly surprised as the Water- Type was repeatedly headbutted.
"That’s it! Don't let up! Finish him! Steel Beam, then Psychic!" After repeatedly being ragdolled and beamed, Tentacool was finished.
"Tentacool is unable to battle! Metang wins! Gym Leader, please send out your next Pokémon!"
"Misty calls out Goldeen!" Another good Water- Type, but Ash already knew what to do.
Goldeen was dependent on a comfort zone. The pool.
"Metang! Use Psychic to throw Goldeen out of the pool!"
And before she could retaliate, the Fish Pokémon was flapping around uselessly.
"Gyro Ball! Barrage, now!"
Metang didn't let up. That Goldeen was useless outside the Water (basically Magikarp 2.0), and Misty Waterflower was taken by the advantage of surprise.
Goldeen was out... in a record ten seconds.
"Goldeen is unable to battle! Metang wins! Gym Leader, please send out your last Pokémon!"
"Misty calls out Staryu!"
Ash immediately went on high- alert. Staryu were capable of using powerful moves like Power Gem, and even moves like Thunderbolt. It could be...
Wait a second. He remembered watching Wonder Woman.
More specifically, how Diana fried Ares with his own Lightning.
Predictably...
Take all advantages you get. If not, create your own advantages.
"Metang, Gyro Ball, now!"
Metang struck. With the incomprehensible speed known only to Psychic- Type Pokémon.
But he forgot something.
"Staryu, Psychic combined with Power Gem! Throw that Pokémon across the gym!"
Staryu was a Psychic- Type as well. Guided by Psychics, the purple Beam struck exactly where it was meant to be. Metang went flying.
"Metang! Are you alright?"
"Finish him! Again! Show him that we can be brutal as well, Staryu!"
Metang was hit Again, and badly damaged. And again.
"Metang, employ Iron Defense!" Ash shouted in a panic. Metang barely escaped being utterly and completely destroyed, as Ash formulated a strategy.
"Metang! Now throw yourself into the pool!" Ash shouted. "Then use Psychic!"
"Staryu! We got them!" Misty shouted. "Thunderbolt in the pool!"
"Actually, that was a trap."
As Metang fell into the pool, he drew Staryu to him and caught him. One Metal Claw connected him to Staryu, the other to the water. Basically, using Metang's body as a conductor, Staryu electrocuted the water they both were in. Being a Water- Type in water, he was triply affected by the Electric- Type attack.
"Staryu, NO!"
"Both Pokémon are unable to battle! The winner of this match is Red from Hell!"
Ash thanked Metang before returning him, but he noticed that because of the humiliation, Misty was seething. She'd used her Staryu, which she didn't use in the situation with an ordinary newbie. She had still been defeated.
She threw the Cascade Badge at his face: "Just take the fucking Badge and get lost. "
He caught it at left. But he'd definitely pay her back for that comment. After all, revenge was a dish best served cold.
______________________________________

(A/N: 1. Yes, he swept her. Misty is more powerful than Ash fought her as. But she exerted power beyond the ordinary newbie challenge and Ash still one- upped her. Misty deserved credit for taking out one Pokémon.
2. Wonder Woman, I know. Where Diana takes Ares with his own Lightning.
3. Misty hating Ash will be the beginning of an important rivalry. )