Chapter- 9: Meeting a King

"How dare you summon me? That, too, by the usage of my true name? What audacity have you? An audacity to forfeit your life? How dare you?"
"Forgive me, King Dragonite. I'm Bill Montgomery, a researcher. I don't mean any harm. I simply seek... information. Learning is my only aim, and my friend doesn't mean harm either. "
"Your friend?"
The King's eye fell upon Ash, who was also staring at him, with a defiance that only one person could produce. The Chosen One himself. The Aura was also a dead give- away.
"Ah... the Chosen One, the ultimate human. One which history can never match. Ax- al- Jon. Remember the name. Only he can help you, as of now. The future is very difficult... I believe. "
He turned away and walked away, slowly disappearing into the sea. Bill looked shocked.
"Brilliant. I feel so light- hearted. That was the best experience I've ever gone through in my life-"
Rrrrrriiinnnnnnggggggggggggggg!
The call patched through to Bill's at once. Professor Samuel Oak appeared on the screen.
"Bill! YOU! How many times have I called?" He shouted. "There was a source of Legendary- level energy headed towards your lighthouse! What was it?"
"Sam! I discovered something remarkable! Red did a brilliant job! Brilliant!"
Professor Oak realized Ash's existence: "Oh, hello, Ash! Long time no see! I wanted to talk about the... unusual choice of Pokémon..."
Deino popped into the screen and shouted his own version of a greeting.
"Good heavens! What have I created?" Professor Oak joked, but Ash noticed he was clearly nervous, "However, just so you know... Gary captured 45 Pokémon as of now, and he has six Badges as well. "
"45 Pokémon?! Is he throwing Pokéballs at everything that moves-?"
Oak chuckled: "Actually, almost. I was quite surprised myself. He may be a prodigy, but sadly, that grandson of mine lacks pragmatism. "
Ah... yes. Ash remembered. Gary. A wave of fury swept through him, even as he stayed calm.
*Flashback *
"Disgrace for a trainer..."
"A prime example of failure..."
"Where all unsuccessful stories converge at the potent..."
"A complete lack of potential..."
"A leech trying to hang on to a man..."
*Flashback end *
Ash barely kept his contempt in. Well, he must show Gary what he meant.
"Anyway, Ash... I called to pass on two things. One: I was, frankly impressed by your skill. So, this is your choice. You can be part of a team built by myself and Bill, as an assistant researcher. There are such jobs. Good pay, on- the- field experience, increased carry limit, and... you can learn more about Pokémon, even special in a certain type of research they call 'Battle Research. ' Part- time, though: you can easily get a full researcher by taking an exam. Anyway... is it good?"
______________________________________

"Here you go. Carry limit increase. Now... time to begin work. Ash, since you're the only known Master of the Deino evolutionary line, you can start with that. Maybe you'll be the key to taming Deino. Remember, Ash... you can carry twenty Pokémon at once. So, let me tell you, it's an abandoned Pokémon. It loves Battling. But the trainer is a coordinator, so he abandoned the poor thing. "
The Pokéball had arrived.
"Ron? Lai. Lai, Lairon!" The Pokémon looked bewildered.
Ash bent down to the level of the Rock/ Steel- Type.
"Hello, Lairon. I've been told you love Battling a lot. You've interested me, because I'm the same. Say what? We should go on a journey together, shouldn't we? We'll become the strongest ever!"
The Pokémon was already super- happy halfway through the speech he just gave. Now, it jumped into his arms with a happy cry.

Lairon, the Iron Armor Pokémon.
Type: Rock/ Steel.
Gender: Male.
Ability: Filter.
Class: S+.
Status: Rare.
Moves: Wild Charge, Iron Head, Metal Claw, Steel Beam, Iron Defense, Rock Tomb, Iron Tail.
Item(s): None.

Ash's eyes widened. He had an idea of exactly what the bastard of a coordinator had missed out on. What was with him and abandoned Pokémon? Him and the outcasts. This Lairon was very strong. But his moves, Ash soon found out, were unrefined and crude, albeit with a ton of raw power. Now that coordinators liked beauty and 'putting on a show,' this was the result. He felt sudden sadness for Lairon. Shortly enough... he would require to fight Surge. Lairon, Bagon and Charmander would be the go- to Pokémon for the three- on- three.
______________________________________

(A/N: 1. Out comes the Lairon! Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun. I like Lairon. The end. Any problems with it?
2. I Don't know any way to increase Ash's carry limit. That's where researcher Status comes in. Besides, let Ash earn some money.
3. Gary was finally introduced, yep. I'm giving you spoilers... but Shortly, Paul will be introduced as well.)