Chapter V

Y/N's POV

Y/N finished his meal, feeling a bit more energized but still carrying the weight of his wounds and exhaustion. As he handed the empty bowl back to the woman, she looked at him with concern.

"What happened to you?" she asked gently, noticing his battered appearance.

Y/N hesitated for a moment, his hand instinctively moving toward the hilt of his sword. He contemplated the idea of just threatening them to get money or values or whatever. It was a tactic he had used many times before. But just as he was about to draw the sword, the crow on his shoulder began to squawk loudly and scold him.

"Caw! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" it chattered angrily.

Y/N sighed in frustration.

"It's nothing," he replied, his voice tinged with weariness. "Just a few scrapes and bruises. Thank you for the food."

The woman nodded her expression a mix of relief and worry. Her young son, who had been hiding behind her, peeked out cautiously. Y/N turned to leave, his frustration boiling over.

The crow continued to berate Y/N as he walked away from the small house. Its sharp words pricked at his conscience, making him feel even more foolish for considering such a cruel act. The creature's voice echoed in his ears, reminding him of the kindness that had been shown to him.

"Caw! Stupid, brutish," the crow scolded, flying at his level. "Threaten a mother and her child? Have you learned nothing from what happened to your family?"

Y/N's brow furrowed, and he clenched his fists. Before the crow could finish its chastisement, Y/N abruptly grabbed it out of the air, his fingers closing around its feathery body. He held it firmly but didn't harm it. He glared at the crow with an intensity that made the creature squirm uncomfortably.

"If you mention my family again," Y/N warned through gritted teeth, "I'll have you for food."The crow let out an indignant huff and flapped its wings furiously, trying to break free from his grasp.

Y/N released it, and with a haughty flutter of feathers, the crow soared back up into the sky. It continued to act as his guide, leading him to a destination unknown to Y/N, while wisely refraining from any further commentary about his past or his actions.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

As Y/N walked through the nearby village, he couldn't help but notice the distrustful and even hostile looks he received from the locals. His disheveled appearance, the dirty clothes, the bruises on his face left untreated, and the sword at his side made him an unwelcome presence. The scowl he directed back at them probably didn't help matters either.

The crow guided him to an unexpected destination, a dojo. Y/N stared at the wooden entrance, puzzled. He turned to the crow, his skepticism clear in his expression.

"What a waste of time," Y/N muttered to himself, ready to turn away from the dojo. However, just as he was about to leave, the dojo's door slowly creaked open.

Y/N found himself face to face with an elderly man whose visage was etched with time and experience. The man's forehead was a landscape of wrinkles, and his slanted eyes peered out from beneath bushy eyebrows. A large mustache adorned his upper lip, and slick white hair framed his face, flowing back from his forehead. A straight scar with six prongs marked his right cheekbone, adding to his weathered appearance.