Chapter LVI

Y/N's POV.

Inside the room, Y/N was on his knees, head bowed. Shinobu, still fuming, paced back and forth, her steps resonating with barely contained rage.

"And then," Shinobu continued her rant, "he proceeded to climb the walls, literally, claiming he was 'scaling the fortress.' The walls are now scratched and need repainting!"

Y/N winced at each of Shinobu's words. "Shinobu, I deeply apologize, I had no idea he would—"

Shinobu cut him off sharply. "Do you have any idea how long it took to calm the children? They were terrified! Kanao tried to intervene, and he challenged her to a duel for the 'throne of the fortress!" She meant the estate.

Y/N's head remained bowed, his mind searching for any form of words that might ease the situation, but he found none.

Shinobu stopped pacing and turned to Y/N, her voice a mix of exasperation and disbelief. "He even declared your dog his royal steed and tried to ride him around the estate! It took us hours to get Hachiman to stop hiding under the beds!"

At the mention of Hachiman, Y/N couldn't help but let out a small chuckle, which he quickly stifled as Shinobu's glare intensified.

"I'm truly sorry, Shinobu," Y/N said genuinely. "I'll take full responsibility and make sure everything is fixed. I'll also talk to Inosuke and ensure this doesn't happen again."

Shinobu sighed deeply, her anger subsiding slightly. "You'd better. This estate is not a playground for wild boars, real or metaphorical. And Y/N, next time you decide to bring a 'surprise guest,' warn me first."

"Shinobu, he's just a boy. I was quite the handful at his age too, you know."

Shinobu raised an eyebrow. "Oh, really? Did you also start a 'mud and tea ceremony,' where you threw mud at everyone while yelling it was a sacred ritual?"

Y/N's weak smile faded as he recalled no such antics in his youth. He opened his mouth to respond but found no words.

Seeing his struggle, Shinobu continued, "And I suppose you also climbed on the roof, proclaiming yourself the 'king of the fortress,' requiring us to bring you down with a ladder?"

Y/N's expression shifted to one of mild embarrassment. He attempted one more time, giving Shinobu his best charming smile, tilting his head slightly. "Can you forgive me, sweetheart?"

Shinobu's anger weakened for a moment before she closed her eyes, to protect herself against his smile. "No, Y/N, you can't talk your way out of this one. This is serious."

Stunned by her resilience to his usual tactics, Y/N realized Shinobu was adapting to his strategies, and he couldn't simply charm his way out of the mess Inosuke had caused.

"He has to go,"

"What? You can't be serious! Where would he even go?"

Shinobu's tone was firm. "There are plenty of orphanages in Japan. You can start by looking for one to leave the boy at."

"No way! I won't let that happen, Shinobu." Y/N shook his head vehemently.

"This is my home as much as it's Nee-san's, and she isn't available right now to discuss this," Shinobu countered, her voice rising slightly.

"Where is Kocho-san? Maybe I can convince her to let the boy stay," Y/N said, searching for an ally in his cause.

Shinobu sighed. "Nee-san is still sick and sleeping right now."