Chapter XXVII

Inside the Kamado residence, Y/N was taking in the surroundings. The walls were adorned with simple, handcrafted decorations. Y/N's attention was soon caught by Kie, Tanjuro's wife. Her skin was notably fair, a soft contrast to her dark purple eyes, which held a lighter shade dancing along their edges, like the first bloom of violets in spring. A small beauty mark just below her left lip only added to her charm. Her hair, black, was pulled back in a bun that seemed to have been done in a hurry, with strands framing her face.

She was the kind of beauty that existed effortlessly. As she tilted her head, "Tanjuro?" she inquired, her voice carrying the soft tone being the kind you'd find between wives addressing their husbands lovingly and vice-versa.

Tanjuro, with a nod towards Y/N, spoke to her gently, "Kie, Shinazugawa-San has come seeking our help. May he dine with us?"

Without hesitation, Kie's hands moved to prepare an additional place at the table. "Children? Come, please!" she called out in a voice that mixed warmth and command.

A boy who mirrored what Tanjuro must have looked like in his younger days approached. His black hair, peppered with burgundy at the tips, was swept back in a manner that was both carefree and revealing of his broad forehead. His eyes, a deep shade of red, were much like his father's. Clutching his hand was his younger sister, whose hair cascaded down her back in waves as dark as the night, ending just above her waist. Her eyes were pale pink.

 "Please, introduce yourselves to our guest, Shinazugawa-San." Tanjuro said.

The boy gave a nod, "I'm Kamado Tanjiro," he said, his bow a bit awkward.

Beside him, The girl's voice was a soft whisper, "Kamado N-Nezuko." She managed a shy smile, her eyes glancing up to meet Y/N's before moving away.

Y/N returned the warm smiles and greeted the Kamado family with a bow of his own. As he did so, he noticed Tanjiro's reaction—his nostrils flared subtly,  surprise flashing across his wide, dark red eyes. His confusion melted into a polite smile.

Behind Tanjiro, Nezuko remained a bit more reserved, her presence slightly hidden as she peeked from behind her brother.

More children entered the room. A younger boy, bearing a striking resemblance to Tanjiro with his spiky black hair, approached. Like his siblings and father, his complexion was fair, forming a contrast with his vivid red eyes. His expression carried a hint of annoyance as he looked at Y/N "I'm Kamado Takeo", his frown directed his way.

Next to him, a young girl with shoulder-length black hair and a fringe above her eyebrows stepped forward. Her large, dark red eyes with white pupils mirrored the family's distinct features. She possessed the same pale skin, a characteristic shared by all the Kamado siblings. Despite Takeo's disapproval, she tugged at his sleeve and greeted Y/N with a smile, "Kamado Hanako."

 "What's that sword you have? Is it special?" Hanako asked, her curiosity then shifted to Y/N's haori. "Why is your haori so boring? Nii-chan's haori is prettier."

 "Hanako... That is not nice to say." Nezuko softly interjected.

Tanjuro and Kie laughed a little. "Sorry about that," Tanjuro apologized.

Y/N responded to Hanako's questions with a friendly smile. "It's alright, well you see Hanako-chan, My sword is indeed special, it constantly switches colors, and my haori is boring because I don't have money to buy a prettier one but I do prefer to have simple designs," he said, thinking of his own younger brother, Shuya, who had a similar penchant for endless questions.

Takeo rolled his eyes but didn't seem overly bothered by the exchange. Tanjiro, on the other hand, wrinkled his nose in an exaggerated manner, as if Y/N's presence carried an unusual smell—one that made him scrunch up his face in disgust.