Day Off With Uzui Tengen

Read until the end, lovely people

(Long Chapter again!)

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Y/N's POV

A month had passed since Y/N's mission in the destroyed village. He was sitting in his room, a pile of paper stacked before him. Kanae had imposed a punishment - writing the phrase "I will go to the Butterfly Estate every time I get injured" one hundred times. It was her way of ensuring he wouldn't neglect his injuries again and a chance for him to improve his writing skills, given their lack of recent lessons.

Y/N left the sheets scattered on the table and cast his gaze around the room. His thoughts wandered back to the night when the demon had whispered those words to him.

It had troubled him, given the information the demon had revealed.

Just then, a Kasugai crow, adorned with stylish jewels, entered gracefully through the shoji window. Its cawing broke the silence, and its message was clear. "Uzui Tengen extends an invitation for you to join him for training!"

Y/N contemplated the invitation.

He pondered the message as the crow watched expectantly.

Y/N hesitated, voicing his concerns. "I can't... Kocho-san will murder me if I leave without her approval, especially since I was ordered to rest a few more days."

The crow wasn't interested in the explanation. It continued to peck at him, "Not important, come! Caw!" It insisted.

Y/N waved the persistent bird away and grunted, relenting with a reluctant "Fine..."

He stood up and cautiously peered down the hallway, attempting to hide his presence as he scanned the area.

He spotted Kanae in conversation with a couple of Kakushi members, her cheerful voice reaching him.

As Kanae and the Kakushi members walked away, he breathed a sigh of relief. Carefully, he made his way through the Butterfly Estate.

Shinobu, in the distance, was engaged in her training, her thrust attacks growing increasingly devastating. Y/N couldn't help but smile at the sight, she had come a long way.

Yet, today was different. He wouldn't be training with Shinobu, nor would he visit Kanae for their writing sessions.

Instead, he was going to attend Tengen's shinobi training, recognizing the potential benefits it could bring to his missions.

The memory of the previous mission's outcome, with all the lives that had been lost, still lingered in his mind. He needed to become a more effective Slayer, to prevent such tragedy from happening again.

Y/N moved swiftly through the grounds of the Butterfly Estate, believing he had made a successful escape. He smiled triumphantly as he walked further into the town, eager to make the most of the opportunity.

But his confidence was short-lived.

As he strolled among the trees, he collided with someone in an unexpected encounter. The girl he had bumped into looked surprised at first. "Oh my," she began, her tone apologetic. "Forgive me; I was so careless and..."

Then she looked up and stared at him.

It was Kanae, and her disappointment was palpable. Y/N in an attempt to defuse the situation, laughed nervously and greeted her, "Good morning, Kocho-san."

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Soon after, he was back inside the room that had been designated for him. Seated on the tatami floor with his arms crossed, his posture was that of a sulking child. Kanae who had followed him back inside, stated firmly, "No more incidents, Shinazugawa-kun. I will see you later."