Chapter LXXXIX

In the engawa of the Ubuyashiki estate, the Hashira gathered each curious and somewhat anxious about the mysterious nature of the marks that had begun to appear on some of them. 

Amane directed her question to Mitsuri. "So, Kanroji-sama, how did you awaken your mark?"

Mitsuri blushed under the collective gaze of the Hashira. "Oh! When I fought that Upper Moon Four, I... just felt all tingly and like, my heart was going super duper fast! It was like, whoa, what's happening? And then, you know, I felt kinda hot, like when you've been running, but it wasn't like regular running 'cause I run a lot and it's never like that..."

Iguro facepalmed, questioning his feelings for someone so... naive. Yet his fleeting thoughts of Shinazugawa Y/N offered a contrast of someone who despite his faults, possessed a depth that was now sorely missed.

The conversation was brought back on track by Muichiro Tokito, "My brother came to help me against Upper Moon Five, but by that time,  the mark had appeared. It's like being pushed to your body's limits. I felt feverish, my heart racing, not unlike what Kanroji described. But for me, it was during a moment of extreme danger for my brother, suggesting maybe it's a life-or-death trigger that awakens it."

Tengen raised a valid question, reflecting the collective concern of the Hashira. "So, is that next for us? Trying to awaken those marks?"

Amane nodded solemnly. "Yes, it would be the best course of action. Having two marked Hashira is an advantage, but we need all of you at your best. With Kyojuro, Kanae, and Y/N no longer in the fight, our strength has been significantly decreased."

"Even if Shinazugawa-sama were to return, his condition remains uncertain. And should Kocho-sama awaken from her coma, I would prefer she not be thrust back into battle immediately. My Hashira... I feel ashamed to ask even more of you."

The Hashira bowed their heads in respect.

Sanemi asked, "Any idea how we could awaken those marks? We're not likely to face life-or-death situations in training like Tokito mentioned."

Gyomei offered a daunting solution. "We must push our training to the brink of death, then."

This suggestion was met with surprise and apprehension. Yet the situation left them with little choice.

Amane added more troubling news, "After the village attack, demon assaults have decreased at night across the country. With Nezuko having conquered the sun, it's evident Kibutsuji is aware... and he's coming for her."

"Nezuko is safe at the estate. The location of the Butterfly Estate has remained hidden from demons. While they've focused on the swordsmith village and the Ubuyashiki estate, we've been fortunate to avoid their attention." Shinobu reassured the group.

In response to Amane's directive, each Hashira explained their specialized training regimen, intending to strengthen every slayer within their ranks.

Tengen the Sound Hashira spoke first. "For stamina training, I'll have the trainees run multiple rounds at a high frequence. They need to endure to fight longer."

Muichiro the Mist Hashira followed. "I'll teach them to control their muscles more fluidly for quick movement training. We'll use swings and other exercises for better coordination."

Mitsuri the Love Hashira said with enthusiasm. "In flexibility training, we'll dance non-stop and stretch a lot! I'll use my strength to help them improve their range of motion."

Obanai the Serpent Hashira detailed his rigorous approach. "Sword skill revision will take place in a dojo with obstacles. I'll attack trainees with a wooden sword to refine their defensive skills."