Chapter XCIII

Shinobu reacted in relief and horror. "What are you doing here, Nee-san?!" she exclaimed as she stared at her sister dressed in her slayer uniform.

"Defending my family, silly," Kanae replied, her voice tired. "Upper Moon Two, would you be so kind as to kneel and present me your neck for beheading?" She asked calmly.

Doma let out a dismissive giggle. "Sweet Flower Hashira, why would I do that?"

"So you may be reborn one day, free of sins. What better way than to face hell surrendering and allowing me to free you of your pitiful existence?"

The word 'pitiful' wiped the smirk off Doma's face. "Pitiful? Oh, my sweet flower, it's Y/N-chan who is pitiful, not I," he retorted.

Kanae's demeanor tensed, a clear sign that Doma had struck a nerve. He relished in the discomfort he caused. "I butchered him like an animal, his intestines spilling out, yet that man still dared to charge at me before sunrise."

"I wanted to torment him further before consuming him. Men despise it most when you mutilate them especially when I cut off their –"

"I feel sorry for you," she said with a profound sense of pity.

Doma's facade of amusement faltered replaced by a cold, silent glare. "What?"

"Upper Moon Two, you are as disgusting as you are pathetic and pitiful," Kanae continued. "You are hollow. Your smiles, your laughs—they're so false even a child could see through them. The way you carry yourself is more savage and meaningless than even a wild animal."

Kanae's expression softened, not out of fear, but from genuine sorrow for the creature before her. "Have you done anything remotely significant with the power you wield? Other Upper Moons had a life, and a personality before being demons. But you? You don't. You're worse than an animal. You can't feel anything, can you? Is that why you gorge on women? To fill the void of your meaningless existence?"

Shinobu despite her weakened state laughed. "Nee-san, you've summed up my thoughts so well! I hadn't encountered a demon as pathetic as this one, and somehow... he's Upper Moon Two! What a tasteless joke. You make me want to kill myself just looking at you."

Doma's expression shifted dramatically. The jovial, carefree demeanor vanished, replaced by a serious and cold look. "You two are very rude and mean to me," he said, his voice devoid of its previous playfulness. "Forget the games and laughs then. I'm going to eat you alive first."

In a flash, Doma appeared behind Kanae, his fans poised to behead her. But Shinobu intervened slicing through Doma's arm nerves and ruining his attack.

Doma's eyes widened, "Ah... so, Akaza-dono has been killed... huh. How unexpected. To think my friend died..."

Kanae spoke coolly, "We both know you're not capable of forming connections, so you can stop pretending. Let's get started; we need to find your master and kill him."

In a turn, Doma chuckled genuinely, the sound unsettling. "You are really something else, Flower Hashira... to insult a man when he's mourning a friend. It seems your sister learned how to be rude from you."

His smile then twisted into something cold and predatory. "And how right you are... Kanae," he said, licking his lips sending a shiver down Kanae's spine.

"How do you know my name?" she demanded, her composure slightly faltering.

Doma's grin widened. "When I cut down Y/N, I got a glimpse of that cute booklet he carried in his kimono... How adorable. The way you two talk to each other... Oh, how I'm going to enjoy breaking him further by butchering both of you."