Day Off With Tomioka Giyu

Y/N's POV

As Y/N entered the Butterfly Estate with Inosuke still asleep on his shoulder, Aoi greeted him with a mixture of surprise and mild exasperation. Her eyes went to Inosuke, then back to Y/N. "Y/N-sama, really? Another one?" she asked in disbelief.

Y/N gently set Inosuke down on one of the infirmary beds. "He needed help," Y/N explained, trying to justify his decision to bring yet another child to the estate.

Aoi's response was sarcastic. "At this rate, you'll end up taking in every single child across Japan," she remarked, motioning for him to follow her inside.

As they walked, Y/N inquired softly, "How is Kana— I mean, Kocho-san?"

Aoi updated him on Kanae's condition. "Kanae-sama is resting. She had to take a lot of medicines at Shinobu's insistence. She's not happy about staying in bed, but she needs it."

Y/N decided not to disturb Kanae for now. He turned his attention back to Inosuke, who was still masked and tied up lightly on the bed.

"Please make sure he's tied up, but not too tight, while he's asleep. And inform Shinobu when she's available," Y/N instructed Aoi, emphasizing the importance of keeping Inosuke restrained for the time being.

"Tie up? Why?" Aoi looked puzzled.

"Trust me, you don't want to deal with him if he wakes up unrestrained," Y/N said.

Aoi glanced at the boy with the boar mask, her expression a mix of confusion and curiosity. Y/N's warning had clearly made an impression but she nodded.

As Y/N left the infirmary, he felt a mix of relief and concern. Bringing Inosuke to the Butterfly Estate was a decision not made lightly, and he hoped it would prove to be the right one. He trusted Aoi and the others at the estate to handle the situation until he could return and explain further.

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

.

In the main room, Y/N stumbled upon an amusing yet awkward moment between Giyu and Shinobu. He found a spot where he could observe unnoticed.

Giyu stood rigidly, his usual stoic expression in place, but there was a clear discomfort in his posture. "So, Kocho... how was your day?" he asked, his voice strained with the effort of initiating small talk.

Leaning against a wall with her arms crossed, she raised an eyebrow at his question. "Oh, Tomioka-san, I didn't realize you were interested in my daily activities. Y/N isn't here, obviously. Why else would you be attempting conversation?"

Giyu took her words at face value and replied seriously, "I am trying to... engage in friendly talk. It is what... people do, isn't it?"

Shinobu's response was a mixture of playful insult and barbed humor. "I'm astonished, Tomioka-san. I didn't know you were capable of 'friendly talk.' Are you sure you're not ill?"

Missing the sarcasm entirely, he looked genuinely concerned. "No, I am not ill. I thought it appropriate to... talk. Is that not correct?"

Y/N watched as Shinobu struggled to hide a smile, clearly enjoying the way Giyu took every sarcastic remark literally. "Oh, it's more than correct, Tomioka-san. It's a revelation. We should mark this day on the calendar," she said, her voice dripping with irony.

Giyu shook his head solemnly, not catching the joke. "No, I don't think we should. It is not important."

Y/N couldn't help but chuckle silently at their exchange. Giyu's literal-mindedness and Shinobu's sharp wit made for an entertaining, if somewhat cringeworthy, conversation.