Chapter XX

Iguro's POV

Iguro struggled relentlessly, his wrists restrained by the monstrous strength of the demon. Iguro's soaked hair clung to his face, obscuring his vision.

He watched in horror as Kaburamaru, his loyal friend, launched a desperate attack. The snake bit into the demon's eye, and the creature let out a scream. In its fury, the demon flung Kaburamaru away, sending his friend to his death.

Desperation setting in, Iguro attempted a headbutt in a last-ditch effort to break free, but it proved futile. The demon merely grinned, as it continued to ascend higher into the night sky. Iguro's thoughts raced, considering the reality that there was no breathing technique or maneuver that could save him from the fall that awaited him. 

 Obanai Iguro found himself inches away from a gruesome fate as the demon's enormous claws loomed closer, about to tear through his face. With his free hand, Iguro desperately raised his forearm as a useless barrier, as if his arm would protect his face. He closed his eyes, preparing for the inevitable pain.

But in that moment, salvation arrived.

 Iguro heard a voice and a familiar breathing technique. "Thunder Breathing First Form: Thunderclap and Flash." He heard as if lightning erupted from the ground, ascending toward them.

Suddenly, a swift figure materialized, slicing through the demon's arm with speed, forcing the demon to pull back in pain. The demon, now wielding a stump instead of its arm, attempted to retaliate, but its movements were interrupted by a new arrival.

High above, the mizunoe with Kaburamaru coiled around him, prepared to strike again. He shouted his technique, "Second Form: Lightning Wheel," and executed a front flip in mid-air. As he spun, he released a singular, vertical slash, which unfolded in a circular motion.

In response, the demon summoned the arsenal of weapons it had fashioned from the bones of its victims, directing them at Y/N as he descended. It was a race against time, with both about to strike the other.

As the mizunoe descended towards the demon, the weapons pierced his body, but he pressed on, inching closer and closer to the demon. The vicious assault had struck the low-ranked slayer, piercing his stomach, leg, and bicep. The moment had come, and he shouted, "NOW."

The demon's focus shifted entirely towards the mizunoe, and it completely forgot about Iguro. Obanai capitalized on the opportunity, switching his sword to his free hand and invoking  "Serpent Breathing First Form: Winding Serpent Slash." His blade moved in a winding, frontal horizontal slash, aimed at their target.

Caught in a pincer attack, the demon stood no chance. Iguro's blade sliced cleanly through the demon's neck, severing its head, and the demon's eyes widened in sheer shock. However, it was not the end. Mizunoe completed his Lightning Wheel technique with a swift, powerful slash that tore the demon in half.

The fight was over...

Y/N and  Iguro vs Winged Demon

Victor: Iguro?

Fight Length:  37 minutes and 23 seconds

Deciding Move: Serpent Breathing First Form: Winding Serpent Slash?

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜

Iguro, feeling as though he were about to fall to his death, was suddenly rescued from the abyss. He looked up, his vision blurry from the intense battle, and there was the mizunoe, grinning wildly. The mizunoe held onto the demon's severed wings, using them as a makeshift parachute as his sword tumbled down to the ground below.